• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Discussion THREAD]Black Mirror-Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) on NF

Water Faucet

Quick question to the wisdom of this board:
Anyone know how to get Black Mirror-Bandersnatch to fully download in digital form? It is listed as 5:12:40 in length via AS while hovering over the thumbnail. When I download I only get a 2 min clip saying that I can't run the interactive nature of the film via the format I have. Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to make this happen.

Thanks

And it's probably not ever going to be possible to download one of those interactive movies because of how they work.
I don't think that, but I am sure it would be lot's of work to make AS read the chapter stuff correctly. So it is very easy to download it, I already got it before AS even existed with another program, but without any chapter things.

There is even a GitHub project that "restores" the interactive nature of it.
That sounds interesting, I will take a look if I can find it.
Edit: No.

Last edited:
If I google "github bandersnatch," there are a couple of projects within the top 3 results (I believe one is derived from the other). They both run in Chrome. I know for a fact they both work. If I remember, the only thing I had to do was tweak the file name.

Edit: Yes, The one is based off the other and has a hosted version, where you can simply drag-and-drop the file onto it. Although, they both do work locally, and display the choices differently (visually).

Last edited:
If I google "github bandersnatch," there are a couple of projects
Yes, I also get some things now. Never heard of whatever bandersnatch is, so I just googled "netflix interactive download" and things like that before, with no result.
Will look into the results later, I am on my laptop right now.

but what you end up with is a hot mess of short clips
Maybe the program I used worked differently, but I got one large file. Not sure what would be of a greater use, because that way you can't reorder the clips if there is the need to. You would have to write a script and note all possible decisions, so if you choose something it plays the correct clip (like playlist in VLC, but complex). I am sure the devs could already give us the files itself, but they haven't looked at or haven't figured out how to translate the playlist into a usable format (like they convert the vtt subs to srt).

Maybe the program I used worked differently, but I got one large file.
Possibly but what you've described is rather unfaithful to the interactive format (a movie with a fixed progression). Still, it's better than nothing, I guess. I think what you've proposed is too complex to try to implement and most certainly is not a high priority for the devs at this stage. Yes, it'd be a cool feature, but unless interactives become the new mainstream format from NF (and possibly other providers), support for these would add no real value to the product, to be frank. Admittedly, it sucks, because I have an older Smart TV that doesn't support interactive movies and the only option I have is on my phone, which I'm too bloody old to use to watch movies.

I don't want to advertise the other program here, but I quickly checked and it shows the full length (several hours) for Minecraft Story Mode. I have no space right now to check if it also just creates one big file with no chapters.

If I continue this, I will create a new thread in general chat so we can discuss this further, since this has not really to do with AS anymore.

Back