• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bitcoin Customer Feedback

Ivan

RedFox Admin Team
Staff member
You paid with Bitcoin? Then please share your Bitcoin experiences here, Thanks!

All I can say is that you get an extra 10% off when you pay with Bitcoin, and its so easy.

If you are in the USA buying them is a piece of cake , there are many sites that hold your money in escrow until you receive the Bitcoin amount, and when you are happy with the transaction you release the money from escrow.

I had to show that I lived in the US with coinbase, but once I proved that fact, it was easy to setup my account, get my bank to release the cash for my bitcoin account, put bitcoin in it, and purchase RedFox software (2 AnyDVD HD purchases in one week!)

I intend to buy another 1-2 AnyDVD HD licenses to replace the 2 that I lost with the changeover in Ownership of the software before the discount ends.

I posted my experience details here using Circle located in Boston, MA. The account was easy to setup (no drivers license or anything like that) with just an email verification and cell phone 2 factor authentication (i.e., they text a code to your phone which you enter when making certain changes or for transactions. Google Authy is also supported). I was able to purchase the exact amount of bitcoin I needed and the transaction cost were low. Payment options included charge card, debit card or bank account. No issues with fraud alerts or blocked transactions and your credit/banking information never leaves the US. If you just want to buy something occasionally with bitcoin without feeling like you need to be a currency trader then this is for you. Perfect for bitcoin newbies and perfect if you just want to buy an AnyDVD HD license or two.

Last edited:
I already had a Coinbase Bitcoin account, and used the Android Bitcoin Wallet app to make my payment. I did accidentally send payment twice (and thus sent feedback to Coinbase about that), but Ivan was extremely kind and helpful, and returned the excess payment. Turnaround time to requesting the 50% discount with my old SlySoft license information was less than a day, and wrapping up all the complications I introduced to the scenario took another day, but I had my new RedFox AnyDVD HD running in less than 24 hours! Thanks so much, guys.

I prefer Coinbase given their security measures (there's a "wallet" and a "vault", much harder to get money out of the vault, two-factor verification compatible with Authy) and didn't mind going through the identification verification process, but even that was more to increase limits such as daily purchase limits. That said I understand some people would prefer not to have to do that.

Also I figure as long as you're ever going to use Bitcoin you might as well have a stable company that manages it (it didn't register until recently but makes a lot of sense that some people keep it on their own hard drives), since to me at least part of using Bitcoin is the speculation/trading involved, so I'm going to get more than I need at the moment. I only purchased a small amount of Bitcoin but back in March, and it's increased since then (and is just as likely to drop lower than what I purchased it at, of course).

For the record, the recent spike in bitcoin prices has no real effect on the cost of an AnyDVD HD purchase with bitcoin. AnyDVD HD is priced in Euros not bitcoin. Here's the math:

Todays bitcoin exchange rate is 1 BTC = $680.23US = 607.32€ (Euro) from Google. Todays euro to usd exchange rate is 1€ = $1.12 from Google. Using the bitcoin exchange rates, we can calculate a bitcoin based exchange rate between euros and usd as a comparison. $680.23/607.32€ = 1.12. It's exactly the same exchange rate. This means that no matter what the price of bitcoin at the moment of your purchase, you will still pay the same amount of dollars whether you pay in bitcoin or dollars. When you go to make the purchase with bitcoin at the higher rate, Redfox will simply ask for less bitcoin. When I made my purchase at the rate of $584.16, I was asked for 0.15405173 BTC. Today, I was asked for 0.12932719 BTC.

Only if you purchase and hold the bitcoin will you be affected by changes in the exchange rate (currency speculation). Redfox is making out pretty good with the bitcoin I paid assuming they are holding bitcoin and not converting to euros right away.

I've been using BC for some time as payment and it was no question about using it here when i bought my new licenses and it worked just fine. No issues at all.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge via Tapatalk

To me Bitcoin is the best kind of payment, but thats just my preference.

BTC..........what a nightmare. If you wanna play the "exchange" game, than VirWoX might be ok. But for trying to purchase AnyDVD HD( and this is my second time) it's pretty bogus. Instead of collecting "fees" from my available balance they took it out of my payment and I ended up 0.004 BTC short on my payment. And only have the two options for payment(BTC or Visa) has not helped my attitude with this whole &*() storm.

BTC..........what a nightmare. If you wanna play the "exchange" game, than VirWoX might be ok. But for trying to purchase AnyDVD HD( and this is my second time) it's pretty bogus. Instead of collecting "fees" from my available balance they took it out of my payment and I ended up 0.004 BTC short on my payment. And only have the two options for payment(BTC or Visa) has not helped my attitude with this whole &*() storm.
I had the same problem which is frustrating because I have a wallet on my computer. But because, I am for awhile, using bitcoin as an investment. I decided to do a direct transfer from my bank account through Circle which handles bitcoin conversions on the fly to pay for things. When I did that, some how $2.75 disappeared into some ones pocket besides Redfox. Had to send the $2.75 in to finish the purchase. Sad part of it is, that if I had just used my wallet the transaction fees would have been about 12 cents. However when I made my purchase they were not at least as far as I could tell handling bitcoin transactions for set dollar amounts the way I was use to seeing them.

I have seen in some cities that they have an ATM for purchasing BTC. That seems pretty straight forward to me. I found them through the links on main RedFox page you could search for one those if interested. If/when I buy a 2nd RedFox license. I think I will try that for simplicity. But as of now I have never set anything up for bitcoin.

Stanley, I reduced the amount to pay by 0.004 BTC, so it matches the amount of your transaction.
Please check your inbox (and spam folder), you should have received your license.

Thank you for supporting us!

Ivan

I had the same problem which is frustrating because I have a wallet on my computer. But because, I am for awhile, using bitcoin as an investment. I decided to do a direct transfer from my bank account through Circle which handles bitcoin conversions on the fly to pay for things. When I did that, some how $2.75 disappeared into some ones pocket besides Redfox. Had to send the $2.75 in to finish the purchase. Sad part of it is, that if I had just used my wallet the transaction fees would have been about 12 cents. However when I made my purchase they were not at least as far as I could tell handling bitcoin transactions for set dollar amounts the way I was use to seeing them.

These days you cannot make anymore Bitcoin transactions without transaction fee - the transaction will get stuck in nirvana. So what Circle did was right (on one hand).

I just bought my LTL license using Sabertooth's very excellent guide. Thank you Sabertooth for posting that. I used Circle as you suggested and it went well. I do have 1 hiccup where I got my "here is your license email" but when I did it was not attached. I have a support ticket in for that. But outside of that the experience with Circle was smooth and uncomplicated. Thanks again !

I just bought my LTL license using Sabertooth's very excellent guide. Thank you Sabertooth for posting that. I used Circle as you suggested and it went well. I do have 1 hiccup where I got my "here is your license email" but when I did it was not attached. I have a support ticket in for that. But outside of that the experience with Circle was smooth and uncomplicated. Thanks again !

You are using protonmail and they strip our attached license. I've sent you a pm with download link of your license

Edit: ...and I identified and closed your support ticket

I decided to do a direct transfer from my bank account through Circle which handles bitcoin conversions on the fly to pay for things. When I did that, some how $2.75 disappeared into some ones pocket besides Redfox. Had to send the $2.75 in to finish the purchase.

So what Circle did was right (on one hand).

Circle doesn't charge any fee for deposits or payments so that's not what happened here. I'm curious if your Circle account was valued in bitcoin or dollars? If you follow the steps in my guide for valuing your Circle account in bitcoin, then you purchase and send the exact amount of bitcoin required and none of it gets lost in the process. It's odd that your payment was short. Circle's ask exchange rate is a little higher than some (so they probably make their money on the bid/ask spread) but that information (their exchange rate) was available at the time I purchased my bitcoin so you are made aware and that wouldn't result in your payment being short. Sorry your experience didn't go as well as mine.

Great to hear you found my guide useful. You should have had an opportunity to download your license from the completed transaction page on Redfox which you get if you refresh the transaction pending page after you send your bitcoin payment. That was in the guide too. Did that not work as expected? Congrats on receiving your new license.

Last edited:
You should have had an opportunity to download your license from the completed transaction page on Redfox which you get if you refresh the transaction pending page after you send your bitcoin payment.
Indeed, it's on my todo list to have the completed transaction page auto-refreshed after Bitcoin payment is recognized.

Fairly painless UK experience using Coinfloor to purchase (via bank transfer), withdrawing it into a blockchain wallet (iphone app) and then sending it to RedFox's wallet. (y)

Back