big little lies

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by johnniek74, Sep 19, 2017.

1. johnniek74

johnniek74 Active Member

Is there a fix for Big Little Lies see attachment keep erroring out at the 50%

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Please don't hijack someone else's topic for a completely different problem with a completely different movie on a different disc type. Post split.

Please provide an AnyDVD logfile

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

3. johnniek74

johnniek74 Active Member

2vobn.jpg Is there a fix for Big Little Lies see attachment keep erroring out at the 50%

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

5. RonaldS

RonaldS Member

Big Little Lies, side 1

Attached Files:

6. RonaldS

RonaldS Member

Big Little Lies, side 2

Attached Files:

7. johnniek74

johnniek74 Active Member

Attached Files:

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

@RonaldS I'm guessing dirty and/or defective disc and/or drive
    @johnniek74 set your drive hardware region and try again. EXIT ANYDVD COMPLETELY BEFORE you attempt to do so.

9. schmidtrg

schmidtrg Member

I don't think so as I'm having the same problem. This is a 2 sided, multiple episode disk, and BOTH sides begin to error at the 50% mark

10. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Then you need to do the same as the other 2. No logfile: we can't help you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

11. RonaldS

RonaldS Member

I did send the log files, one for side 1 and one for side 2. Big Little Lies is a 2 sided disc

12. schmidtrg

schmidtrg Member

I don't use the same methods as most of you, so sending the log files for me isn't useful. I'm sure there will be someone to
    send them that will result in a change to anydvd, but my only reason for posting was to let you know it's NOT a dirty
    disk, or the result of a bad drive - I have taken the time to make sure of that.

13. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

You don't know that if someone else will happen to have the EXACT SAME stuff version as you do. No logfile, no help it's up to you. As to your methods, that's irrelevant.

14. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Error message?
    Anyway, your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

15. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Oooh, mystery guy! Why don't you share your wisdom?

FurryGuy and whatever_gong82 like this.
  16. Trasshmon

Trasshmon Member

If the disk / drive is dirty, they're all dirty or defective in the same place and way. I've tried two different disks with exactly the same results as previously posted. Possibly a manufacturing defect or a copy protection scheme. They won't make an ISO or rip to Hard Drive, either...

Attached Files:

17. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

8.1.8.4 beta may/may not help:
    https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-1-8-4-beta.73631/

18. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

If James has looked at the logs and says they are dirty/defective discs then I would go with that. He is the AnyDVD developer so he can always spot the difference between copy protection and faulty discs.

19. Trasshmon

Trasshmon Member

The 8.1.8.4 beta doesn't help. I'm able to individually back up Episodes 2, 3 and 4 on side 1. Side 2 backed up normally for me. The problem (or defect) seems to be in Episode 1 (between file vts_01_1.vob 2065000 and vts_01_1.vob 2078000). Possibly a production error across the board when making the distribution copies.

20. Trasshmon

Trasshmon Member

Sorry, my bad. The problem actually lies in Episode 2. Episodes 1, 3 and 4 will back up. Not sure if there's anything that can be done from a CloneDVD standpoint (or AnyDVD, for that matter). Any way to ignore the read error over that 3000 bit range?