• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best way to label?

Hweeksjr

i've heard, and experienced first hand that stick on labels make discs freeze and jump so i wanted to try a new way to label my dvd's. can anyone tell me first hand anything about which way would be a better way to go.? either lightscribe or print directly on the dvd using a photo printer? i want to upgrade but don't know which way i should go?

this
i've heard, and experienced first hand that stick on labels make discs freeze and jump so i wanted to try a new way to label my dvd's. can anyone tell me first hand anything about which way would be a better way to go.? either lightscribe or print directly on the dvd using a photo printer? i want to upgrade but don't know which way i should go?

Generally, an extra fine point sharpie is best. Might check out this thread and this thread for other options.

The "R" series Epsons do an excellent job printing on "printable" discs. I have the R200, and love the job it does. The copies look as good as the originals. Generic ink for the Epsons is pretty cheap too. That's all I've used for the past two years.

The R200 is discontinued now. It was their original one. Not sure what model they're up to now.

I'm not a fan of lightscribe. I prefer full color, over it's monochrome look. On non printable discs, I just use a "Sharpie" marker.......... :)
Good luck!

Yeah, I just use a marker too. It's only a backup and you already have the artwork on the original DVD you bought.

I don't use Sharpie brand though ... the strong petroleum based smell always made me wonder if there might be a long term chemical reaction with the plastic to worry about (I don't really know). And the sharpness of the point always dulls quickly too. I use Staedtler Lumicolor Permanent markers in Medium, Fine, and Sharp points (depending on what info and how much info I write onto the backup disk). They are available at most art supply stores or at least they can order them.

If you just gotta have the artwork on your backups, printable media (costs more) and epson printers with the disk printing feature is the way to go. But what I am unsure about is that, when you inevitabley have to clean a dirty disk with alcohol in a little sprayer bottle, whether any alcohol that accidentally gets onto the printed side (via overspray, your fingers or just a drip-over) will damage the printed artwork. ... or whether using water/dishwashing soap to clean a printed disk will damage the artwork.

Whisperer

Last edited:
I have never had to clean a burned disc, or any other disc, that I bought new. The only ones I've had to clean were rentals. I handle the discs by the edges, and am very careful with them. I'm sure the ink will smear if it gets wet. A lot of people worry about this. Why does everyone else have their discs near so much water? What are y'all doing with them, that you're worried about them getting wet? If it's kids handling them, make their copies with the Sharpie marking the titles............

If you want pretty, use a printer. If you don't, use a sharpie.

Back