• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best version of PowerDVD to use

newgen2005

Which is the best version of PowerDVD to use?, one that allows ripped playback would be good.

Conventional wisdom on this forum still recommends 3319a, the last of the line supporting HDD playback

I use the 3730 latest with iso's from HDDVD and DVD's and im sure the sound is a lot better. I use xi-fi and seperate cables for pcm output to individual channels.

I can say this though that it uses more memory.

I normal disable page file but this version with the xp o/s needed more than 1GB.

I also use 3730 with iso's. I had to update as I wanted to be able to mix pcm and truehd to DTS

Just got my Blu-Ray drive today. Have been using PowerDVD 3319 for ripped HD DVD with no problems. Am I correct in the following if I move to 3730. I am using Vista with SP1 RTM.

1. I will have to convert all my HD DVD's to ISO
2. 3730 will not play BD+ ISO's (at this time)
3. 3319 will not play profile 1.1 Blu-Ray but 3730 will?
4. 3319 will play ripped BD+ from ISO

Thanks

Last edited:
Back