• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ukruler54321

Hi All

First of all I apologise is this is posted in the wrong section of the forum I posted a few days ago in the high definition software section with no responses.

My question is the following.

What is the best solution/software for playing back Blu-Rays and UHD iso files on Windows and Amazon fire streaming devices?

Thanks

Hi All

First of all I apologise is this is posted in the wrong section of the forum I posted a few days ago in the high definition software section with no responses.

My question is the following.

What is the best solution/software for playing back Blu-Rays and UHD iso files on Windows and Amazon fire streaming devices?

Thanks
What's good for you might be good for me, or someone else.

VLC, is one software player to check out, or please try JRiver Media Center, Media Player Classic (MPC-HC), PowerDVD, WinDVD.

VLC and MPC-HC are freeware programs, while the other programs have a trial period.

All of those are for the Windows Operating System. I have no idea about the Amazon Fire tablet or TV.

EDIT: I own an Amazon Fire tablet. I just remembered that you can play MP3 and MP4 files on it without any issues.

Best of luck to you.

:)

As for VLC, you have to mount the .iso in order to play it. I recently discovered that you can also open DVD isos without that by doing a right-click on it and then Open with. But I am not sure if that would also work for (protected) BD isos. You can also play a BD with VLC after installing Java, but you might be unable to play it by using right-click when it is protected. I assume the libaacs stuff would work here, but I haven't tested it till now. Only tried it with a DVD iso.

As for VLC, you have to mount the .iso in order to play it. I recently discovered that you can also open DVD isos without that by doing a right-click on it and then Open with. But I am not sure if that would also work for (protected) BD isos. You can also play a BD with VLC after installing Java, but you might be unable to play it by using right-click when it is protected. I assume the libaacs stuff would work here, but I haven't tested it till now. Only tried it with a DVD iso.
Thanks, @DeepSpace.

I forgot to add that the OP (Original Poster) for this thread would also need to install Virtual CloneDrive, in which you can get here Free from RedFox or elby, and use that to mount your ISO files with VLC, JRiver, MPC-HC, WinDVD, or PowerDVD.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I never knew that Java was required to playback BD iso images in VLC.

I have been playing DVD iso images in VLC for years with no issues.

I just need to find an app for the Amazon Fire TV that will natively support iso playback if this is possible?

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I never knew that Java was required to playback BD iso images in VLC.

I have been playing DVD iso images in VLC for years with no issues.

I just need to find an app for the Amazon Fire TV that will natively support iso playback if this is possible?

I have never tried it but I have read that Plex can although it does not support it officially. But again, never tried it.

If VLC does exist for this device, or any other Media Player like MPC-HC, I suggest to just give it a try.
About Java, it should only be neccessary for the menus. So when you cannot install Java, you might have to set the audio and subs language from the player menu. And I am not sure if you will be able to access the extras without the menu. But you could just use CloneBD for that or mount the iso and copy the extras by hand.

I have never tried it but I have read that Plex can although it does not support it officially. But again, never tried it.

Would Jellyfin be a viable option as I believe plex has started a subscription model for features which I would like to stay away from. Jellyfin is available on the Amazon Fire TV just checked the app store.

If VLC does exist for this device, or any other Media Player like MPC-HC, I suggest to just give it a try.
About Java, it should only be neccessary for the menus. So when you cannot install Java, you might have to set the audio and subs language from the player menu. And I am not sure if you will be able to access the extras without the menu. But you could just use CloneBD for that or mount the iso and copy the extras by hand.

The native VLC app on Amazon Fire TV doesn't support iso images sadly.

Would Jellyfin be a viable option as I believe plex has started a subscription model for features which I would like to stay away from. Jellyfin is available on the Amazon Fire TV just checked the app store.

Plex has had a subscription model for a long time. Most functionality is available without paying anything. I don't think they charge anything for what types of files you can play. I don't know anything about Jellyfin as I dislike Fire TV and sticks. I did look it up, it cannot hurt to try it but there is no way it's anywhere near as mature as Plex in my opinion.

Back