• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best friendly drive to buy

It's more about the disc but if we're not allowed to talk about anything else I understand. I did get a different disc and it read fine.

Fellow firmware flashing experts,

Getting a new LG WH14NS40 from amazon.com .. need to make it AnyDVD HD friendly drive to rip my UHD collection along with CloneBD to compress it slightly. What is the recommended firmware to downgrade this LG WH14NS40 drive? I did go over the following thread https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-for-flashing-uhd-drives-for-anydvd.79023/ but still not clear. I intend to do the initial flash with "HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH14NS40-NS50-1.05-NM00900-212005061444.bin" which is a sidegrade flash using SDFflashertool to overcome the UHD restrictions placed by the manufacturer. After this flash which is the best firmware to downgrade to to make it a AnyDVD HD compatible drive? Is "HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS60-1.02-nm00100-211810291936.bin" a good firmware to use or should I cross-flash it to an ASUS firmware "ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin"

Is the sidegrade flash still required initially or can I just flash the downgraded firmware directly after selecting the "Enc" button on the SDFflashertool?

Thanking you in advance for your replies!

With that drive, just doing the initial MK firmware flashing should be sufficient. At that point it should be a UHD friendly drive that AnyDVD can work with.

Got my LG WH14NS40 today .. Had encrypted 1.05 firmware on it (SVC Code NS50/Manufactured-September 2020) .. used SDtool_flasher to first flash sidegrade of MK-WH14NS40-NS50-1.05 with "enc" box checked and then flashed to MK-ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10. Drive is working with AnyDVD HD and able to rip my UHD disc without any issues. Thanks a lot for the guide provided by @coopervid and helpful comments from @SamuriHL

Back