• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best External USB3 / Thunderbolt DVD drive

vhyndman

I use AnyDVD on a BootCamp partition on a Mac, which works really well BTW. The quad processor and the solid state drive are are amazing speed-wise.

I have an old Sony USB2 DVD drive that I currently use, and it works well.

I bought a USB3 drive, but it turns out it's one of the ones that is a real booger to get working with AnyDVD.

What is the best USB3 or Firewire 800 or USB3 DVD/Blueray drive for AnyDVD?

I would really prefer a drive that does not require an external power supply.

thanks

What USB 3 drive did you buy? I'm not aware of any having problems with AnyDVD unless it's a Matshita drive inside the external casing

Well the Blu-ray side shouldn't have an issue with AnyDVD (other than it's probably one of the most flaky drives around) but the DVD side is probably region locked which you most likely can't get around.
If you're buying a slimline external then I don't really see the point of buying a USB 3 one as the physical drive inside the chassis is the same as the USB 2 ones so you get no real speed benefit. You'd be better off buying a different brand like the Samsung or TDK (which I think uses the pioneer drive). The only reason you'd buy a USB 3 external at the moment would be if you were using a full size desktop drive which would then give you faster than 6 speed

Back