Best drive for ripping, storing, burning and watching UHD 4K in 2021?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by Dominick_7, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Well-Known Member

i attempted to copy and paste to the hard drive and it didnt work.. this i believe may be a limited edition, no more in stock at walmart.. quite a number of discs in it.. is there a way to be able to maybe download the discs instead of run the risk of another replacement where the chances of bad presses seems high?

2. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Post #39 in this thread. Don't use a copy and paste attempt.

3. Dominick_7

oh no? how come? K will try that.

4. Dominick_7

you know whats weird? by default it tries to rip the disc to the third hard drive, so i change it to the main one where the app is installed.. when i do that there are errors, but when i leave it on the third hard drive it works..

5. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Whow! I have at least a dozen of potential issues in mind that could cause the issue. Just use that third drive to rip for the time being. If you want to drill down to the root cause of the main drive this might be time consuming. A lot of trial and error.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  6. Dominick_7

Yea will just use the third drive. Any ideas whats going on with it?

7. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Many. Too many....Use PN if you want to drill down on it since only the result will be interesting for folks in the forum.

8. Dominick_7

Whats PN, do you mean PM?

9. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

PN Personal Notification or PM Private Message. Both abbreviations are quite common.

Dominick_7 likes this.