• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best drive for ripping, storing, burning and watching UHD 4K in 2021?

Pixelation is not normal. Seems that there are problems reading from that specific disc. Clean the disc like described in my post #11 over there.

Pixelation is not normal. Seems that there are problems reading from that specific disc. Clean the disc like described in my post #11 over there.

the disc looked clan but guess ill try to use a micro fiber cloth?

I had no issues with playing the copy of Tenet (UHD). It played with no pixellation (on an Oppo203)
This is more likely to be an issue with the media.
(Copied using LG BH16NS55 ASUS BW-16D1HT FW version 3.02 flashed in 2018)

What’s behind the claim “Apparently Tenet doesnt work”.

Last edited:
Apparently Tenet doesnt work :(
If you can, just get a replacement for Tenet, as long as you can do it before the return policy expires.

I ordered mine through Amazon US, but my version couldn't be read, so I went and got it replaced. My replacement worked, allowing me to copy the movie without incident.

:)

I had no issues with playing the copy of Tenet (UHD). It played with no pixellation (on an Oppo203)
This is more likely to be an issue with the media.
(Copied using LG BH16NS55 ASUS BW-16D1HT FW version 3.02 flashed in 2018)

What’s behind the claim “Apparently Tenet doesnt work”.

i tried to copy and paste it to the desktop and it wouldnt work, got it replaced, will see if this one works.

If you can, just get a replacement for Tenet, as long as you can do it before the return policy expires.

I ordered mine through Amazon US, but my version couldn't be read, so I went and got it replaced. My replacement worked, allowing me to copy the movie without incident.

:)

yea am lead to believe its the burn. Will test the replacement.

Doesn't work is too vague.
yea the burn was bad, the replacement for Tenant works nicely. Thank you! Do you find any scratches will inhibit the burn? i acquired the dark knight series and two of the discs have faint scratches.

yea the burn was bad, the replacement for Tenant works nicely. Thank you! Do you find any scratches will inhibit the burn? i acquired the dark knight series and two of the discs have faint scratches.

Commercial discs are not "burnt" but pressed. Only discs you burn at home are burnt.

UHD discs you buy have most of the times some unwanted surface film that makes reading difficult. I recommend to clean each and every UHD disc before you put it in your drive. Clean with liquid soap and warm water. Dry with paper towels. Afterwards clean again wit microfiber cloth (glasses cleaning cloth).

Commercial discs are not "burnt" but pressed. Only discs you burn at home are burnt.

UHD discs you buy have most of the times some unwanted surface film that makes reading difficult. I recommend to clean each and every UHD disc before you put it in your drive. Clean with liquid soap and warm water. Dry with paper towels. Afterwards clean again wit microfiber cloth (glasses cleaning cloth).

Ah ok pressed then.

Sounds like a good idea, thank you.

Am noticing while they run long enough to extract the main movie files using MakeMKV, it typically fails before the end. Is this a usual thing with new UHD discs?

UHD disc. Clean, clean, clean. Warm water and liquid soap. Afterwards with microfiber cloth.
i clean it with rubbing alcohol, and then with the microfiber cloth, that should be sufficient yes?

Did you try to copy the disc with right clicking AnyDVD "Rip Video disc to hard disc"? Does that work or do you get read errors? If you get read errors after cleaning the disc it is most likely bad.

To tell if it is the disc or the drive or any other issues you need to try a couple of other UHD discs and not just one.

Back