• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best BDR Media

My particular purchase's value was significantly less, but given the limited and very fixed income I have the amount was still very painful.

Bruce, you do now realize that ImgBurn is not software you are required to purchase, nor it is time limited licensed, right? There is zero reason to not get it. Even if it doesn't suit your needs after using it for a bit.
You were correct there was a fake site, and it looks very real. I didn't bite on it, and even considered giving up on the whole idea of burning
blu ray's. I did find the correct web page and now have IMGBURN installed. I used it and copied an old movie Jeremiah Johnson to one of
my hard drives. When I went to burn it, again I had the message bad media. Further investigation found out the media is perfect.
(Verbatim 25gb Bluray disc) What my problem turns out to be is I thought I was buying bluray burners when I purchased my bluray, but
I wound up with read only ones. So I am going to replace one of them with a good Bluray burner. I am checking out several of them
now. Some individual have been telling me what they are using, and those are the ones I am looking the hardest at.

You were correct there was a fake site, and it looks very real. I didn't bite on it, and even considered giving up on the whole idea of burning
blu ray's. I did find the correct web page and now have IMGBURN installed. I used it and copied an old movie Jeremiah Johnson to one of
my hard drives. When I went to burn it, again I had the message bad media. Further investigation found out the media is perfect.
(Verbatim 25gb Bluray disc) What my problem turns out to be is I thought I was buying bluray burners when I purchased my bluray, but
I wound up with read only ones. So I am going to replace one of them with a good Bluray burner. I am checking out several of them
now. Some individual have been telling me what they are using, and those are the ones I am looking the hardest at.
The best burn results we had were using a Pioneer 209.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/bd-50gb.80418/page-9#post-534846

Are you sure it is BD media? With the 16x and 6x, it sounds more like DVD.

Turns out you were dead on. What I thought was a good Bluray burner was a read only. I purchased two of the funky blurays when I built
this computer back in 2019, so am now going to replace one with a
LG WH16NS40. I don't need the fastest just a very reliable one. This looks like it will do the job. Thanks for your help. This forum
is excellent. Especially for me being almost 80 years old.

Are you sure it is BD media? With the 16x and 6x, it sounds more like DVD.

Turns out you were dead on. What I thought was a good Bluray burner was a read only. I purchased two of the funky blurays when I built
this computer back in 2019, so am now going to replace one with a
LG WH16NS40. I don't need the fastest just a very reliable one. This looks like it will do the job. Thanks for your help. This forum
is excellent. Especially for me being almost 80 years old.
Be aware that the LG is only a good reader but a bad writer. Just in case you want to store backups. But I think we had this discussion before.

I didn't realize it was a bad writer.. That is the big reason i ordered it. Maybe this winter I will go all out
and buy something real good. Tnx

Clone Bd does the copying fine, it is just when it want to do the burn. Of course I wait until AnyDvd has done it's decrypting...

Just to let you know, I had great success, after installing a new burner, and burned Jeremiah Johnson, bluray, perfectly, with Anydvdhd, and Clone BD.

Just to let you know: Burning 25GB discs is a non-issue also with the LG / ASUS. However, burned 50GB disc tend to have trouble at the layer break (switch from the first optical layer at 25GB to the next). I had several discs burned with the ASUS that showed video stuttering or the video just stuck at this position. 50GB burns with the Pioneer at slowest speed don't have the problem and the charts in the link I provided show why.

Reactions: DQ
Just to let you know: Burning 25GB discs is a non-issue also with the LG / ASUS. However, burned 50GB disc tend to have trouble at the layer break (switch from the first optical layer at 25GB to the next). I had several discs burned with the ASUS that showed video stuttering or the video just stuck at this position. 50GB burns with the Pioneer at slowest speed don't have the problem and the charts in the link I provided show why.

coopervid, I am curious. Is this layer issue bad enough where it is just not worth trying to burn 50GB with any drive?

I recently also went away from burning and store everything on hard disc. I play the movies with my Oppo clone M9702.

But @kufo still burns and has no issues anymore since he uses a Pioneer burner at 2x. Be aware that you can't burn so slow with the LG / ASUS. Slowest is 4x.

Just look at the charts here:

As long as the color at the layer break stays green everything is fine. Yellow is already critical.

They also screwed up the spec. With dual layer DVDs you could decide when to stop to burn to the first layer and you could avoid the outer region that is mostly bad especially with cheaper discs. Not so with BD-DL. The burner MUST burn the first 25GB and is only then allowed to switch to layer 2.

I recently also went away from burning and store everything on hard disc. I play the movies with my Oppo clone M9702.

But @kufo still burns and has no issues anymore since he uses a Pioneer burner at 2x. Be aware that you can't burn so slow with the LG / ASUS. Slowest is 4x.

Just look at the charts here:

As long as the color at the layer break stays green everything is fine. Yellow is already critical.

They also screwed up the spec. With dual layer DVDs you could decide when to stop to burn to the first layer and you could avoid the outer region that is mostly bad especially with cheaper discs. Not so with BD-DL. The burner MUST burn the first 25GB and is only then allowed to switch to layer 2.

Awesome info coopervid, thank you.

Okay, so I finally got movies to burn. I have now burned Jeremiah Johnson, Deliverance, Dark Knight using Anydvdhd, and cloneBd. J Johnson and Deliverance
on 25gb disc, and Dark Knight on 50gb. I made one mistake, that I won't make again. That was not checking the blueray disc for finger prints. That
resulted in a bad burn after 3 hrs. Finding my mistake and blowing a $3.50 disc, I will won't be so hasty next time. LG is doing the job so far. I will buy
another very good burner this winter. Whatever is best at the time.

I always considered myself to purchase the best media. I have owned CloneBD for a number of years, but decided to burn a blu ray for the first time, and I keep getting a message media incompatible.

I have a Verbatim 50 pkg or BD-R 25GB, disc. These aren't working. I do see something that concerns me and that is it say 16x speed and on 6X speed.

Is there a better media, and am I using a wrong media.

I used to get the 50-pack of Verbatim BD50 Inkjet Printables from Amazon for ~$114. It was a decent deal and these BD-50s they have now don't look to be much more expensive (~$68 for a 25-pack):
https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-BD-...+verbatim&qid=1638112626&s=electronics&sr=1-3
^This type of disc is what I currently use for BD25s and I have had no issues so far.

This is what I was getting before for a 50-pack for $114:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bK8AAOSwPlJfLFX1/s-l640.jpg

It appears Verbatim quit making/selling the 50-pack of the Inkjet Printable BD50s. Wonder if that is a supply chain issue or something.

LG drives are also pure poo in my opinion/experience. I switched to Pioneer and ASUS drives and haven't had any issues with bad burns. I use my Pioneers for burning and ASUS for reading.

Last edited:
Back