Best 4k Blu-ray Drive?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by BlurayGuy, Aug 30, 2018.

1. jonghotti

jonghotti Member

My offer was for a firmware binary to be used in conjunction with a drive's own extracted "dump" file containing the calibration data and other values unique to the device. I'm assuming that if you're looking for firmware you're clear on how a drive is flashed. I am happy to flash drives for people if needed.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

and that "dumping" of one's firmware is beyond the skill level of some. So i'd err on the safe side if the drive doesn't have 3.02. If it has, return it & get a new one and hope that one's "fine" :)

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  3. jonghotti

jonghotti Member

Exactly! My point was I can supply a "fine" unit to anyone who needs it, or if you're in the process of flashing and not sure you're on the right path I can help make sure you are in order to avoid turning your drive into a brick. :)

4. gogosch

gogosch Member

I went to 3.02, because the drive was burning BD only with 4x speed instead of 8x, as indicated. I'm also able to rip UHD disks with 3.02. Speed is better in 3.02 compared to 3.00.

5. jonghotti

jonghotti Member

Gogosch did you notice any difference in speed between the 3.01 and 3.02? I've done a lot of speed tests using two copies of the same 4K UHD blu ray and the speeds have been identical so I've stuck with 3.01. Always curious to see what other's experiences have been.

6. Ch3vr0n

No he doesn't, because you can't rip UHD's with 3.02. that version revoked the friendlyness

7. jonghotti

jonghotti Member

Seems there are a couple different versions floating around, the friendly 3.02 and the unfriendly 3.02. I have the friendly 3.02 as it''s the only version that can be crossflashed onto the LG WH16NS60 "Official" Ultra HD Blu Ray player to make that device UHD friendly.

Terramex likes this.
  8. Terramex

Terramex Well-Known Member

9. Ch3vr0n

why you tagging me? I know 3.02 isn't uhd friendly.

10. Terramex

Terramex Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  11. BRCS

BRCS Well-Known Member

Just to let everyone know I purchased The ASUS BW-16D1HT From Alex it came in two days USA it works perfectly brand new and very reasonable price and I am very Happy I have two other UHD friendly drives both

LG WH16NS40 V1.02 UHD Friendly drives which only read 4K movies @4X the Asus reads @8X much faster is why I bought it from him.

The drive works fantastic I could not be Happier Alex is very nice person to do business with I Highly recommend him the drive was brand new and shipped and i had it in two days he ships very quickly so if your looking for a UHD Friendly drive contact him you will be happy you did.

Thank you Alex for your ultra fast shipping your the best!!

jonghotti and Aeneas72 like this.