• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best 4k Blu-ray Drive?

Define "clean" if it has been modified to match YOUR drive (DV signature), it WILL corrupt the firmware of any other drive. Now, anydvd has recently been updated to work around that, (used to fail with UHD decryption if DV firmware value didn't match drive signature) but still not a wise move to flash it then.

If it's on 3.00, safely update to 3.01. If it's on 3.01 leave it alone, any build of it. Thats my opinion

My offer was for a firmware binary to be used in conjunction with a drive's own extracted "dump" file containing the calibration data and other values unique to the device. I'm assuming that if you're looking for firmware you're clear on how a drive is flashed. I am happy to flash drives for people if needed.

and that "dumping" of one's firmware is beyond the skill level of some. So i'd err on the safe side if the drive doesn't have 3.02. If it has, return it & get a new one and hope that one's "fine" :)

and that "dumping" of one's firmware is beyond the skill level of some. So i'd err on the safe side if the drive doesn't have 3.02. If it has, return it & get a new one and hope that one's "fine" :)

Exactly! My point was I can supply a "fine" unit to anyone who needs it, or if you're in the process of flashing and not sure you're on the right path I can help make sure you are in order to avoid turning your drive into a brick. :)

I went to 3.02, because the drive was burning BD only with 4x speed instead of 8x, as indicated. I'm also able to rip UHD disks with 3.02. Speed is better in 3.02 compared to 3.00.

I went to 3.02, because the drive was burning BD only with 4x speed instead of 8x, as indicated. I'm also able to rip UHD disks with 3.02. Speed is better in 3.02 compared to 3.00.

Gogosch did you notice any difference in speed between the 3.01 and 3.02? I've done a lot of speed tests using two copies of the same 4K UHD blu ray and the speeds have been identical so I've stuck with 3.01. Always curious to see what other's experiences have been.

No he doesn't, because you can't rip UHD's with 3.02. that version revoked the friendlyness

No he doesn't, because you can't rip UHD's with 3.02. that version revoked the friendlyness
Seems there are a couple different versions floating around, the friendly 3.02 and the unfriendly 3.02. I have the friendly 3.02 as it''s the only version that can be crossflashed onto the LG WH16NS60 "Official" Ultra HD Blu Ray player to make that device UHD friendly.

why you tagging me? I know 3.02 isn't uhd friendly.

I've got UHD friendly drives for anyone who needs them. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com

I have at least a dozen of ready to ship ASUS BW-16D1HT and LGs WH16NS40 and WH14NS40, all come loaded with the ASUS 3.01 firmware so even the LGs will rip at 8X normally found on only the ASUS. I can make these external by putting them in a SATA > USB enclosure or have you order the enclosure and remotely assist you in putting it together. Anything I send out I guarantee it work since I test these thoroughly after flashing them. I ship two day priority mail, with tracking. My prices are fair and as a result have over 100 references at this point with almost 200 drives sold.

I apologize, I know this looks like spam and I don't usually hang out in this forum but the one I'm used to is getting a little crowded so I'm branching out.

My name is Alex, I'm a rabid 4K UHD blu ray collector and 4K UHD blu ray archival solutions provider. Happy to send someone well known in this group a drive in advance of payment for them to qualify and report back on. I can also assist anyone having trouble with flashing their own drive.

Thank you.
Just to let everyone know I purchased The ASUS BW-16D1HT From Alex it came in two days USA it works perfectly brand new and very reasonable price and I am very Happy I have two other UHD friendly drives both

LG WH16NS40 V1.02 UHD Friendly drives which only read 4K movies @4X the Asus reads @8X much faster is why I bought it from him.

The drive works fantastic I could not be Happier Alex is very nice person to do business with I Highly recommend him the drive was brand new and shipped and i had it in two days he ships very quickly so if your looking for a UHD Friendly drive contact him you will be happy you did.

Thank you Alex for your ultra fast shipping your the best!!

Actually this has nothing to do with currentRedFox software or BD drives or anything else. It is a software-that-needs-writing request. I've had 3 brain strokes in the last 16 months that left permanent brain damage and my left side is semi paralyzed. So I spend a lot of time in bed. I buy a lot of Audio books from audible.com and want to share them with my sister . The Aimersoft software used to rip the books, but doesn't seem to work anymore. They are .aax files. I wish Red Fox would write some effective software for it. The other program I bought (can't remember the name. Brain damage sucks and causes a bazillion typos)doesn't work either. Some of these books are more than 40 hours long, so burning to CD or using sound card to record is not helpful. I wish the Apple software would allow to burn to DL BD but it does not.

Back