BDMV to ISO

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (UHD only)' started by forceawakens, May 12, 2019.

1. forceawakens

forceawakens Well-Known Member

Is there a way to convert a 4K movie that I have backed up as a BDMV folder & convert it to an .iso file?

2. Marty S. McFly

Marty S. McFly Well-Known Member

Try CloneBD

3. coopervid

coopervid Well-Known Member

If you have the complete structure of the movie e.g. as a result of ripping it with AnyDVD you can use ImgBurn freeware to make an ISO from it.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

CloneBD.

5. James

Or CloneBD "freeware".

6. forceawakens

Will cloneBD or ImgBurn keep the forced subtitles & will it work the same as my original disc? If not I can re-rip it with AnyDVD.

7. coopervid

Yes and yes. Or you can rip to Image with AnyDVD and you have your ISO.

8. forceawakens

Thanks everyone. I had never done a BDMV folder to iso conversion. I just wanted the original menus & forced subtitles.

9. coopervid

Yes, but I think ImgBurn is simply the best burning software out there and Luke addressed everything possible for many, many years. So - as far as my opinion goes: Nothing beats ImgBurn when it comes to disc burning and anything related like ISO creation. Same opinion applies to AnyDVD and VirtualCloneDrive in their area of functionality.

10. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

If all you want to do is change the format of your BD folder to an .iso, then ImgBurn is the simplest way to go.

If you want to make any tweaks to the movie in the folder format, then CloneBD is your dude.

T

11. forceawakens

I wasn’t sure what a UDF file was when I tried to use ImgBurn. I’m giving it a try.

I just want to convert a 4K Movie from BDMV files to .iso to play in a media player.

12. coopervid

UHD is UDF 2.6. But some programs still use 2.5. Most likely it really makes no difference.

13. testiles

I just checked my ImgBurn settings for the "Create Image File from Files/Folders" option.

File System is "UDF" and UDF Revision is "2.50".

Now that I look, I do see a Revision option for "2.60" but have never used that...

T

14. forceawakens

It looks like it came out the same size.

Do you know if the file retains the Dolby Vision metadata?

15. coopervid

It will. Like said some software uses still 2.5 instead of 2.6 but I never noticed any issues.

16. coopervid

2.6 is only relevant for rewritable media if you want make changes on these.

However, since 2.60 brought about that “pseudo overwrite partition”, which from the way it sounds is a way for you to update the disc at a later time on discs where you can’t literally rewrite the media, 2.50 wouldn’t support that. But again, that’s only for appending data that would “overwrite” old data – say updating a document to a new version might use this

17. testiles

Good to know!

T

18. James

AnyDVD will not take a BDMV folder as source. CloneBD will.

19. James

That's why I suggested to use CloneBD. It will *only* create BD compatible output. Not much you can do wrong.

20. testiles

True, but one good thing about ImgBurn is it will set all those parameters for you when it detects what format you're providing for input.

So it's not as complicated as it may seem. You have the option to agree to the settings it suggests or custom-set them on your own.

On the other hand, with CloneBD even if you are supplying a folder input, asking for a Complete Copy, not compressing and using Original Audio (in other words, making absolutely no changes), it still will first create another folder, then use that to create the final .iso. Just adds an additional generation between input and final output and eats up more time.

Probably not that big a deal, but something to consider.

T