• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

bd+

Everything including the encryption is where I was getting at so the backup is an exact clone of the original. In theory I don't think it is possible though.
You are right, this is not possible (unless you are a professional pirate able to make an exact 1:1 bit copy, of course).

You are right, this is not possible (unless you are a professional pirate able to make an exact 1:1 bit copy, of course).

That's where you make your magic. :D OK I thought so but was worth mentioning regardless of we knew the answer.

According to my sources, BD supporters on all the food chain are very serious about BD+ being a decisive factor in the format war.

They think BD+ needs only like 6-month window before being broken so the studios will be convinced that HD DVDs can be copied and BD+ DVDs can not.

SlySoft and doom9 are the only islands of hope.

According to my sources, BD supporters on all the food chain are very serious about BD+ being a decisive factor in the format war.

They think BD+ needs only like 6-month window before being broken so the studios will be convinced that HD DVDs can be copied and BD+ DVDs can not.

This is another reason I am leaning towards HD-DVD.

They may get 6 months from the doom9 guys as I can see how BD+ is going to be a tough nut to crack. HOWEVER, I don't see them getting 6 months out of Slysoft. :)

I'm guessing we'll start seeing them in November, but, that's a GUESS and not anything based on fact. If and when you see Fox releasing anything you can be rest assured that BD+ is in full swing as they've completely stopped putting out HD discs altogether for now.

I'm guessing we'll start seeing them in November, but, that's a GUESS and not anything based on fact. If and when you see Fox releasing anything you can be rest assured that BD+ is in full swing as they've completely stopped putting out HD discs altogether for now.

OK, here is the release schedule from Fox / MGM:

TITLE N.A. RELEASE INTERNATIONAL RELEASE
MASTER & COMMANDER OCT. 2 OCT.
THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW OCT. 2 NOV.
FROM HELL OCT. 9 OCT.
THE FLY (1986) OCT. 9 Q1 08
EDWARD SCISSORHANDS OCT. 9 NOV.
28 DAYS LATER OCT. 9 North America Only
ROBOCOP (MGM) OCT. 9 DEC.
AMITYVILLE HORROR (1979) (MGM) OCT. 9 North America Only
BATTLE OF BRITAIN (MGM) NOV. 6 Q1 08
A BRIDGE TOO FAR (MGM) NOV. 6 Q1 08
I, ROBOT NOV. 13 Q1 08
DIE HARD NOV. NOV.
DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER NOV NOV.
DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE NOV. NOV.
RED DAWN (MGM) NOV. Q1 08
MR. AND MRS. SMITH DEC. 4 DEC.
INDEPENDENCE DAY DEC. 4 DEC.
CAST AWAY DEC. 4 North America Only
RONIN (MGM) DEC. 4 DEC.

Yea, I saw that today...posted shortly after the Paramount announcement. Funny how that works. Paramount: "Screw Blu-Ray and the horse it rode in on! We're HD DVD only!!" Fox: "Uhhhh, we LOVE Blu-Ray. Even though we haven't released a ******* thing on it since March, we're totally committed. And here's our release schedule!" RIGHT. Those two announcements weren't related at all. NO WAY! :D I'm pretty sure Fox won't release anything without BD+ so, if that schedule is accurate then in October we'll start to see titles with that crap on it. Oh yippie joy I can't wait...(Actually, ID4 is something I badly want on HD. I LOVE that movie. I watch it every July as a tradition. :)) And the Die Hard movies will be pretty good on BD, as well. Master and Commander...well, that's a masterpiece so that'll be good to watch, but, I'm not sure I'll buy it. Mr and Mrs Smith was ok. Robocop I love but I'm not sure an HD version intrigues me all that much, tbh. Might be another rental.

In any case, we'll see how it goes soon enough.

I am stil curious what Fox is trying to achieve with BD+.

- if it goes non-broken for a while, BD camp can claim "unbreakable". Not for long and 95% of the users don't care.

- if it goes broken right away, the news will be all around, even people who know absolutely nothing about the stuff will know.

So what Fox is trying to achieve? Enforce HDCP compliance?

I'll clue you in on this...the studios don't give a damn about HDCP compliance. That's simply a marketing tool to sell new hardware. No, their "goal" is to keep their content "safe" long enough to sell it to early adopters at a high price. I guarantee those titles will retail for 30-35 bucks. (I know, I know, none of US will pay that much for them as we shop on places like Amazon to get a discounted price, but, a LOT of people will buy at those prices). If it stays unbroken for a month or two, they can make a lot of money. At least, that's how they think. It's the same with movies in the theater. They know attendance will drop after the first or second week. They make all their money up front. It's pretty much the same with home releases. They make most of their sales in the first few weeks of a title's release. They just want to protect it long enough to make those sales. Oh, and one more goal...if they can call it unbreakable for a few months, that'll convince other studios to put their stuff on BD, at least, that's what they believe. IOW, BD+ is one more way to "win the war" as far as Sony, Fox, and Disney believe. Realistic? No, not really. But they can hope.

Back