• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD virtual drive?

thedatman

I just started using BD rebuilder on my primary HTPC with BDR drive all works fine. On my 2nd computer with no BD drive, I wanted to set up BD rebuilder to do the processing on. When I load the BD-ISO file the virtual drive becomes a CD drive and BD rebuilder does not reconize a BD file.

It will on my primary computer and I can reincode and burn to a DVD disc.

I'm using VCD 5.4.1.3 and 5411 on the primary computer.

do I have to have a BD drive installed top use this 2nd computer? or is there a way to fix this?

Are you using XP on that machine, if so you need to install a UDF 2.5 driver

I can't figure out how to install the driver. I found this but don't know where my temp directory is:eek:

There is an easy way to "trick" installation of the Toshiba UDF2.5 driver on non Toshiba PCs, so it may be "safer" to download it from Toshiba support website:

1.) Unpack it.
2.) Start setup.

It will tell you, that you cannot install it on your non-Toshiba PC.
DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX.

Navigate to your temp directory with explorer. You'll find a directory named like this: {1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

Enter it. You'll find two files:
thdudf.inf and thdudf.sys

Right click thdudf.inf, select "Install".

Wait a while. Close the Message Box. Reboot.

ok I got it. I never did find the temp directory but I did find the thdudf.inf file in the folder that I unzipped it in and right clicked and installed it. I forgot to reboot.

now it is working:clap:

Thanks for the info

Last edited:
Troubleshooting and Brickwalls

So we have a blu ray iso file that was created using AnyDVD HD. We have two workstations. The first workstation (Workstation A)has a physical BD-RW drive installed and is running windows xp 32-bit. The second (Workstation B) does NOT have a BDD and is running Windows Vista Professional 64-bit.

Both have Nero 8, PowerDVD (provided by dell), VLC etc.
Both have the newest download for Virtual Clone Drive.

The situation:

Workstation A turns on 1 virtual drive with VCD and sees a new DVD-RW Drive in My Computer. It is able to mount the ISO, but auto runs and thinks it's a picture disc. PowerDVD gives the following error:

"PowerDVD DX does not support Blu-ray Disc playback on a virtual device. A Blu-ray Disc must be inserted into a BD-ROM drive for playback."

Now, I read the posts about Dell's version of PowerDVD however.. keep reading..

Workstation B turns on 1 virtual drive with VCD and sees a new BD-RW Drive in My Computer. It is able to mouth the ISO, and auto runs in PowerDVD (again installed from the SAME DISC). Plays perfectly.

Did you install a UDF 2.5 driver on the XP system?

Workstation A turns on 1 virtual drive with VCD and sees a new DVD-RW Drive in My Computer. It is able to mount the ISO, but auto runs and thinks it's a picture disc. PowerDVD gives the following error:

"PowerDVD DX does not support Blu-ray Disc playback on a virtual device. A Blu-ray Disc must be inserted into a BD-ROM drive for playback."
Install a newer AnyDVD version on this machine.

Did you install a UDF 2.5 driver on the XP system?

We did that, yes. Didn't seem to help.. I was giddy when I saw that and then my hopes were dashed :(

Install a newer AnyDVD version on this machine.

I will give that a go James, but Workstation B doesn't have AnyDVD installed at all, so I was hoping that was unrelated.

Back