• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD-RE in playstation 3

Shanblur

Trying to burn copy onto panasonic 50gb disc to play in ps3 with no luck. Almost all movies play then freeze about halfway through. Menus work unless I try to select a scene more than halfway through the movie. I have seen a couple of posts about this but have not resolved my issue. I have tried Nero 8 and Imgburn. I am using udf 2.5. I have tried using image file and also tried using folders with each program. I am using ps3 version 2.35, and have a sony bwu-200s burner. 25GB discs work with verbatim media. I wish they made 50gb discs. I have ordered a tdk disc to see if it works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have no experience with burning but I can tell you almost certainly it sounds like a layer break issue. Someone like Adbear will have to assist you on this one.

I've never had a problem writing to Panasonic 50GB bd-re's.
Just as a test you could try getting it to write at 1 speed, and could try verifying the disc after writing.
Does the disc play back all the way through on your PC?

Iìve burned and played on my ps3 a movie in a panasonic 50 gb dual layer BD-RE without problem. maybe you use nero?

I thought I was the only one but yea i have the exact same problem. Adbear and Avtar could you explain your process. Ive also used imgburn and nero 8 and use a Panasonic 50gb. I have a Sony 25gb RW and it plays perfectly on my ps3

If I'm doing it from a folder on the harddrive then
In Nero all I do is choose the 'Blu-ray disc(UDF)' option, manually set the UDF to 2.5, then drag over the BDMV, Certificate and any other files over and burn it, that's it
in imgburn, I choose 'write files/folders to disc', set UDF to 2.5 drag the files over and burn it.
There is a setting in imgburn which forces the drive to write faster, by default it's switched off, if you've turned it on try turning it off as I've found it's unreliable on DL discs

+1 on the panasonic 50gb working fine for me

maybe is my disc because I ordered one previously from amazon and my laptop wouldn't read it just make funny noises. Amazon sent me a new one and at first it wouldn't recognize it either

same problem

25gb BD-RE's (LG) and BD-R (Memorex) work great using LG drive and PS3 ver 2.5 using ADBEARS method for IMGBURN and NERO 8 under UDF 2.5, however 9 TDK 50gb BD-RE V2.1's off Fleabay (Japan source) will not load on PS-3 even with only 25gb burned on them, but play fine on the computer through powerdvd 7.2. Weird! Trying a Panny 50gbRE later this week. Anyone know which version of Blu-ray spec the panasonic disc is? I've heard that any blu-ray V1 disc will not play in the PS-3 only V2 and V3 are compatable.

Last edited:
lg burner?

If so try a hack patch GGWH20L_YL04_VolumeID_Patch

Anderki, any luck with the Panasonic disks ?

I have exact same problem as you with my TDK 50GB in PS3.

Adbear, you mention the new firmware for LG drive YL05; I will update it tonight. What does it do better? Has it improved the readibility of your TDKs once burned ? (if you tried again....)

I've never had any problems using Panasonic 50 BD-re's and I've been using mine for over a year. Some one else was having problems with their BD-re's (can't remember what make) they wouldn't even format until the they put on the new firmware

No luck with Panasonic BD-RE 50GB and PS 3 V2.5

Sorry, I had no luck burning a known good HD-ANYDVD 25GB source iso onto any 50GB RE from Panasonic or TDK. Burning the same 25gb onto a 25gb LG BD-re and BD-R works great and plays in my PS3 V2.5. Best I can tell from the net, Sony has crippled playback for (my guess) 50GB BD-RE disc's using a BDMV structure without a special type of recordable disc on the PS3 V2.5. My tests were made using known good settings (UDF 2.5 ect) for 3 popular burning programs. IMGBURN appears not to support my LG GGW-H20L drive, so I used Nero 8, Cyberlink POWER2GO and Roxio Creator Premier blu-ray 10.2, with no positive results despite my premature reports of success elsewhere on this forum. Playback from POWERDVD of the 50gb ISO's (mounted with VirtualClone Drive) I created is only supported by using a Windows primary monitor. No monitor cloning is allowed by POWERDVD and further PDVD temporally disabled the monitor clone setting on my EVGA 7600 videocard. It seems as if there is no way to tell if a BDMV disc is a bogus one or not, so Sony made the call to not support further playback of BDMV structured discs on BD-RE media. This has the net effect of negating ANYDVDHD's usefullness to me, as I can not sit in front of a computer screen for 2 hours to watch a movie. As of this date, I will stick to DVD discs and ANYDVD and boycott Blu-ray purchases or playback in any form. This fiasco has cost me 6 weeks of effort and upwards of $500. Sony has joined Apple and Disney in a list of company's I will no longer support.

I am able to burn Panasonic DL BD-RE's on a Sony and an LG Blu-ray writer and play them back on my US PS3, and my friend can play them back on his EU PS3.
Sony have not disabled the play back of DL BD-RE's at all.
Imgburn writes back to DL BD-RE's with no problems on the LG writer and those discs also play back fine on the PS3's. The fact that you can't get Imgburn to recognise the drive makes me think that you've either got something screwed up in windows or that your drive is faulty

Last edited:
I have the same problem but my disk wont even load but works fine in power dvd.

If any one has any suggestions i would really appreciate it

Have you read through the thread you're posting in at all? If you did, you would have posted a lot more information than "I have the same problem".

Back