• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ playback is possible on Sony BDS 300 standalone player

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why i keep asking for jpeg of u guys ISO files layout

from ISO buster, so I can compare with my own..
I have a very accurate fealing its the ISO building process.

It has nothing to do with the way it builds the ISO file, if you make a disc exactly the same way with one that doesn't have BD+ and it works then make one with BD+ and it doesn't then it's the player not the way you build it. When making an ISO from an original disc there is no other way to make it other than as an ISO which AnydvdHD removes the AACS from. I'm sure if anyone else had been able to replicate it they would have posted on here and as it doesn't seem to work for the majority of people it's not a viable option and will probably be plugged in later versions like I said earlier

do u want to bet?

It has nothing to do with the way it builds the ISO file, if you make a disc exactly the same way with one that doesn't have BD+ and it works then make one with BD+ and it doesn't then it's the player not the way you build it. When making an ISO from an original disc there is no other way to make it other than as an ISO which AnydvdHD removes the AACS from. I'm sure if anyone else had been able to replicate it they would have posted on here and as it doesn't seem to work for the majority of people it's not a viable option and will probably be plugged in later versions like I said earlier
I also build the others regular bd's the same way will some one just send it..
I would bet that im correct i just want the jpeg thank, if im wrong i will admit
but no one said in any forum the process in which i use..
thanks m..

When you make an ISO of a disc straight from the disc it's an exact copy of the original, if you have AnyDVDHD running it's an exact copy but with the AACS removed, there isn't anything else to it. The only other thing would be if you're building an ISO from a folder on the harddrive, well I've tried it building a folder from the hard drive with the BDSVM folder and without, always using UDF 2.5. I've tried ISO's with Anydvd HD removing the encryption and without AnydvdHD running none of which work.
Wouldn't it be easier for you to post exactly how you do it so others can try and replicate the process, thats how this usually works. Rather than others having to guess you post how it's done so they can try with the same settings and what firmware version your player is on. If then they can't replicate it it means your player is a quirky one.
And my original statement still stands, this is just an aberration, If this player in general can play copied BD+ then it'll get plugged in future updates which you'll need to be able to play newer disc

do u guys powerdvd payback bd+ copys without anydvd running?

do u get perfect playback without anydvd running,
when playing bd+ movies copys on your hd pc?

Yes, most people do. If you have an HDCP compliant graphics card and screen then you can play it perfectly from the disc on a PC with powerdvd, if your system is not HDCP compliant then you either need to have Anydvd HD running to play from disc or rip it to the Harddrive first using Anydvd HD to remove the AACS encryption, but I don't see what this has to do with how you write your BD+ to disc. If you just posted up exactly how you do it then others could try to replicate it

Hi,

I tried to create a working BD+ backup of The Simpsons in many ways now. I tried ripping folders to harddrive and burn them back, create a disc by click on copy in Nero with nero versions 7 and 8 with and without AnyDVDHD running. Took several BDSVM folders form different BD+ discs, and tried leave them out, and I checked the backups on several players( LG BH 100, the sony 300 and the PS3) NO(!!) copy worked.

All my none BD+ backups work in any way I do it(direct burn in nero or ripping folders to harddrive and burn them back).

(By the way a direct burn in Nero with AnyDVD running is not an Exact copy of the disc because as I told in another thread you get a BD-R and not a BD-ROM. There are not many things which stay the same for example if I am not completly wrong the layer break should chancge and so on. It would not surprise me if the only thing which stays the same is UDF and the files on the disc(I don't know this for sure))

Just one question do your backups work in a different player instead of your Sony?(If Yes I want again a youtube video). If it doesn't this solution is not good enough for me.

Another point which I don't like is that you do not share how you exactly create your backups. You are saying you want a *.jpg. Just give us your way and we will try it out and try to reproduce it.

If you are not willing to share it with us than I have to say the thread and all the other threads opened by you about exactly the same topic but with changing movie names did their jobs and we all know now that somebody is able to creat BD+ backups which only work on his sony player. Lets see what the moderators say to this....

If you are not willing to share it with us than I have to say the thread and all the other threads opened by you about exactly the same topic but with changing movie names did their jobs and we all know now that somebody is able to creat BD+ backups which only work on his sony player. Lets see what the moderators say to this....

Speaking as nothing more than a forum reader I've long since grown bored of this thread. A claim has been made and the person has shown videos to "prove" it. There is no independent verification. I see people asking questions with no real answers being given.

So, what has been learned?

bd+ im fealing the love.

how are you guys burning the ISO file in NERO, u said u did not get a bd-rom disc in the iso data transfer, you got a bd-r, in 1 of my videos u guys saw the red screen teling me to go to fox to update on the ps3, and i wii utube it
working in my friends standalone bds-500.
even when burning in nero it tells you what type of bdcopy over-image
then its says burning cdr-roms to disc...
are u guys burning the iso as a data file I dont even have to select udf its on auto.. like i said thanks for the love
I cant speak for other types stand alones as its pretty hard to keep going to different best buys and circirt city, if you a get that red screen that i got form a bd+ disc in your ps3 then you burnt it correctly and i got the crapy standalone that play them all, which is cool with me...

and if you did not get a bd-rom disc

how do you play your regulars bd's copys, how were they burnt? your player should see the disc as a bd-r with bd-rom data not not a data disc with with the bdmv info streem files ect..

if your are going to exprement

I recomend robocop its 20gig & a bd-re..

saywhat

so are u guys saying all your bd-r copys disc
do not play as bd-roms?

Why don't you just post exactly how you make yours? Instead of asking how we make ours why don't you just say how you make them so others can try and verify it. This has been asked numerous times and yet you still won't post exactly how you do it, so I'm beginning to think this is all a fake otherwise why all the reluctance to just post up step by step how you make them. If I post up how I make mine (and myself and others have tried numerous ways to try and make them ) all you're going to do is go 'that's not how I do it'.
If you have an ISO of a disc you have no choice but to just burn it back to the disc as it is. If you burn it as a data disc you end up with a disc with a single file called ISO on it which wouldn't work anyway so there is only 1 ONE way to burn an ISO file back to disc that will work
Also why all these multiple posts one after the other, your supposed to append your last post if yours is the last one in the thread.
The big thing that makes me think this is either an aberration or a fake is the specs for BD-ROM's & BD-R's I'm pretty sure that players won't play back disc unless they meet certain settings. BD-ROMS have to have AACS encryption on them(it's part of the set standard) and BD-R's and BD-RE's can't have it on them as it's part of the way there standard works.
Having just been wading through specs for different types of discs it also appears that the information that tells the player that the disc is either a BD_ROM or BD-R or BD-RE is written on a part of the disc that cannot be written to by normal writers,
the lead-in zone contains a PIC area (Permanent Information and Control data) where the relevant start-up information is stored, which information can be retrieved from the disc by a drive

Last edited:
The big thing that makes me think this is either an aberration or a fake is the specs for BD-ROM's & BD-R's I'm pretty sure that players won't play back disc unless they meet certain settings. BD-ROMS have to have AACS encryption on them(it's part of the set standard) and BD-R's and BD-RE's can't have it on them as it's part of the way there standard works.
Having just been wading through specs for different types of discs it also appears that the information that tells the player that the disc is either a BD_ROM or BD-R or BD-RE is written on a part of the disc that cannot be written to by normal writers,

That is the truth if you use AnyDVD in any way to make your ISOs or burned discs or what so ever you will never get a BD-ROM because a BD-ROM has to have AACS on it per definition. Thats the trick of AnyDVD we get the content AACS free and can use tham as our holiday videos. We can burn them with the same structure(without AACS) on the disc. We now need a Player which supports BD-R playback and that is it. And you do nothing different. The only question is where is the detail you do and we don't. Does your player have some implementation mistakes or are you really doing a trick or are you just lucky?MY guess is that you know how to create the backup, but what really makes the difference you don't not really know.

I watched your youtube stuff a little bit more carefully and two things are very surprising to me. The first thing is that your player shows that it is a BD-ROM, that is never the case accoringing to the specs. So it is a bug in the firmware which will be removed soon. But the really interesting part of your movie is not that the discs play the really interesting part is, that AnyDVD tells the video is not AACS protected and there is nothing about BD+ in the status window of AnyDVD so how did you do that?

Come on tell us your secret otherwise we have just to say ok thanks for the information we wait till Slysoft has implemented the BD+ crack(that will solve all our problems your "solution" won't play any part than) and then we are happy. I really get bored of this thread.....

Last edited:
PowerDVD plays BD+ backup copys, (without AnyDVD loaded) so why should not the BDS300 be able to play this to, if you update the firmware of the BDS300 to the latest it will not play them anymore, it`s that simple! maybe even the PS3 can play those with an old firmware? but as far as I know you can`t downgrade the firmware on the PS3, or can you???

But the really interesting part of your movie is not that the discs play the really interesting part is, that AnyDVD tells the video is not AACS protected and there is nothing about BD+ in the status window of AnyDVD so how did you do that?
I think i can answer that: I made an ISO of a BD+ disc with AnyDVD running, so it removed the AACS. When i mount the ISO with Daemon Tools AnyDVD shows me its not AACS protected and there is no mention of BD+, even though the BD+ folders are present. It looks like AnyDVD only checks for BD+ when AACS is there.
When i create an ISO with AnyDVD disabled and then mount it AnyDVD shows me both AACS and BD+.

I think i can answer that: I made an ISO of a BD+ disc with AnyDVD running, so it removed the AACS. When i mount the ISO with Daemon Tools AnyDVD shows me its not AACS protected and there is no mention of BD+, even though the BD+ folders are present. It looks like AnyDVD only checks for BD+ when AACS is there.
When i create an ISO with AnyDVD disabled and then mount it AnyDVD shows me both AACS and BD+.

Ok that is possible...Thanks :agree:

PowerDVD plays BD+ backup copys, (without AnyDVD loaded) so why should not the BDS300 be able to play this to, if you update the firmware of the BDS300 to the latest it will not play them anymore, it`s that simple! maybe even the PS3 can play those with an old firmware? but as far as I know you can`t downgrade the firmware on the PS3, or can you???

No you can't.

I think it has to do something with his firmware too, because his BDS300 shows the disc as BD-ROM and that is not the case. But he believes he has found a secret way to make ISOs, he should answer our questions and then we could reproduce it. Unless he doesn't do this I believe it is a fake which he shows us on youtube.

It's not possible to downgrade Firmwares on a PS3, And I'm not saying it's not possible to play on his player but when he won't actually say what he's doing or what firmware is on the player after a few weeks of asking it comes across as dubious. Also like I stated the flag for BD-ROM, BD-R and BD-RE are on a part of the disc that you can't write to so no matter what you write to your disc they shouldn't be seen as BD-ROM's unless there's something very wrong with the player in the first place. Also playing back in Powerdvd on a PC is not the same as playing back on a standalone. The earlier versions of Powerdvd do not play back BD+ and the latest ones don't play back all BD+ even if it's a mounted ISO, 3104 and 3319a only play them back because Cyberlink forgot to close one of the loopholes. I don't see why it's so hard for him to post exactly how he makes the discs and the firmware on the player so others can try and replicate it. Although I doubt anyone else will be able to make theirs play as ROM discs as technically it's not physically possible

No you can't.

I think it has to do something with his firmware too, because his BDS300 shows the disc as BD-ROM and that is not the case. But he believes he has found a secret way to make ISOs, he should answer our questions and then we could reproduce it. Unless he doesn't do this I believe it is a fake which he shows us on youtube.

If he found a secret way to make ISOs it should work on his PS3 also, he has probably never updated the firmware in his BDS300, and thats the reason it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back