BD+ playback is possible on Sony BDS 300 standalone player

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by manixx, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manixx

manixx Guest

But these copys will not play properly
    in Sony ps3,
    like I before idid re construct the data before re creating an ISO
    robo cop, silver surfer,die heard all versions..

2. manixx

manixx Guest

BD+ copies play flawlessly

can anyone ellse confirm??
    sony bds300 standalone player plays bd+ ISO
    with out any issuses..

3. manixx

manixx Guest

4. manixx

manixx Guest

5. tekmobile

tekmobile Well-Known Member

6. manixx

manixx Guest

that's almost unbeleavable bd+ copy play back

impossible the process I use is quite simple..
    manixx..

7. manixx

manixx Guest

anyone with standalone players?

I saw no response from anyone with a standalone player & bluray burner
    until then, how can we be convinced that its not doable..

8. manixx

manixx Guest

the copys plays in my friends bds-300

so this discovery does mean something,
    I will try the stores tomorrow for playback on diff standalones

9. clareman

clareman Well-Known Member

hmmm...exactly what method...i tried to backup my copy of rescue dawn with bd+, used anydvd to backup, used nero 7.XXX w/ udf 2.5 and plextor bluray (works with all non bd+) and I get:

even with latest FW update on the bdp300 I get a brief warning that my player's fw is out of date, after I hit continue I get a proper red fox copyright, then menu loads perfectly. All extras on the disc are not part of the bd+ decrytion as they play perfectly. The main stream is unviewable though with macrovision type crap throughout (the digital answer to the old analog macrovision copy protection on VHS tapes).

I didn't buy Mr. Brooks (yet) perhaps that bd+ engine is somehow not working properly.

10. manixx

manixx Guest

BD+ TITLES PLAYABLE ON SONY BDP-S300 Sunshine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhXXR5HP7AU
    sunshine,robocop,simpsons,die hard 1,2,3,Dat (day after tomorrow)
    28Days,Mr. brooks,Fanstatic 4, Pathfinder,..
    all work on sony bdps-3008)

11. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Yes we understood this from all the other threads you've made about it, but as of yet I've not seen anyone else with confirmation this works for them, and as it'll probably be plugged with a newer firmware it's not really a longterm solution

12. clareman

when you ask him what he did, there's no replies

13. manixx

manixx Guest

was awaiting responses from any one futher ahead getting bd+ to work..

their is no need for me to update because it plays all my copys/backups
    but I think the firmware that the Bds-300 came with is worth toying with,

The firmware that came out after dec 20th for the bds300 stops bd+ playback.
    U can find on line, gave away the sceret I guess I will have to soon or later

14. manixx

manixx Guest

Bd+

their is also no internet slot for updating, must burn firmware to a disc inorder to update. So this cant happen by playing back origanals...

15. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

They could quite easily include a firmware update on a new film disc and make it so the film won't play on that model player until the firmware is above a certain version

16. clareman

yeah lovely! although when you provide consumers with a player with no internet port..makes it tough..I can just see my ma screwing with isos..it'd be easier for them to leave it a little loose ...time will tell I guess

17. manixx

manixx Guest

cant happen and wont happen bds-300 stanalone upgrade

Because Im a shure with all the BD+ releases they would have already include this so my question is how come it hasnot happen yet + slysoft already takes care of that, before I play them in the stand alone when silversurfer came out nobody could play with out a firmware upgrade some say for the pc BD drives & powerdvd.

18. manixx

manixx Guest

So who has the answer the bdsvm folder question

which means the firmware thats is included on standalone my player, some how does not require the BDSVM folder to play,its presence is needed Ive tried with both with and without,so my theory is that if someone out there tried thes same process in the same player and it did not work that means they updated with a disc or bd+ movie in which I have just about all I actually search the stores for fox bd movies ha ha, and all copys play,
    or its the way u create your ISO...........8)

19. manixx

manixx Guest

I will join you & wait but untill then

I did, you wold do the same

20. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

But no one else has managed to verify this can be done so as far as most of the community is concerned it's an aberration. It can only be counted as a viable solution if you can get independent confirmation from other people, and as of yet no one else has come forward and said they can do it.
    Also just because they may not have put firmware updates on the discs yet doesn't mean they won't on future discs, and those future discs may have something written into the BD+ player that won't allow the film to be played unless the player is updated to the newer firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.