BD+ Observation

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by phigment, Mar 19, 2008.

1. phigment

phigment New Member

This is from a PM with peer:

peer,

I understand your reasoning, but I do believe it is possible. I recall reading a document a while back that states that this is one 'benefit' of using the BD+ VM.

Also, picture the following transform: "toggle whether luma values are to be inverted on every closed GOP boundary". This wouldn't hurt compressability much. It would be quite annoying to somebody trying to remove BD+ though.

2. davinleeds

davinleeds Well-Known Member

I would not post any part of a pm.

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

As Peer said:

4. 3r1c

3r1c Well-Known Member

Its a good idea for a protection but I doubt it would be possible, the players werent designed to do that, and it would require more cpu power which couldnt be done by a simple firmware upgrade, it would completely make the discs unplayable on old players.

5. davinleeds

Because it was a "from" pm. That tells me "P"m. Just IMO

6. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Great! A 6 time poster councils a 1 time poster (and a Slysoft Team leader) on proper posting etiquitte. :D

-W

PS: The actual subject matter was interesting - be quiet and read and learn.

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

It is interesting reading but was it really necessary to actually quote the private message in a public forum post?

This isn't as much about etiquette as it is common sense, IMHO. If peer isn't bothered then it's not an issue, however.

8. davinleeds

I apologize to the OP for distraction but stand by my assertion.

9. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

[​IMG]

Stay on topic, please--or this thread gets closed. :policeman: