• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD ISOs not playing in PDVD 8 (no problem at PDVD 7)

you are right, I think I will just have 3730 play those files and in the future create the isos correctly for powerdvd 8. Thanks for everyone's help.

If you're adventurous, you could do movie only copies of the ones that don't play and remaster them into new ISOs. You'd need to use TSMuxer to do that.

I'm weird like that though, I like to keep everything whole. =P But I wanted to thank you (I'm sure other lurkers do as well) SamuriHL for all the excellent input you've given to these forums. Nice touch on the iso script batch files you created too, makes things easier for sure to create isos in batches.

You're quite welcome. It's my goal to be as helpful as possible as everyone has to start somewhere. If I can share and help I'm happy to do it.

I understand the idea of keeping things whole, HOWEVER, *I'D* like to see a product that allows me to remove crap like ads and other useless nonsense without messing up the menus and main movie and special features, etc. THAT would make me extremely happy. And if that product was able to output a compliant ISO, so much the better. I don't need reencoding, and I don't need transcoding. (Admittedly, allowing us to remove unneeded audio and subtitle tracks wouldn't hurt so long as it didn't break anything). This would be useful to us all.

Have I missed the point....

Hello,

Have I missed the point of this discussion?
To my point of view, the main objective is to be able to make iso images out of posted BD's and read them in PDVD8. Not ripping BD's already in your possession and read them after.
And in this case you don't always get the whole list of original folders available in the the post. Sometimes only the BDMV folder is available.
So what do we do next to make PDVD read those mounted iso's with incomplete folders?

Thanks

Hello,

Have I missed the point of this discussion?
To my point of view, the main objective is to be able to make iso images out of posted BD's and read them in PDVD8. Not ripping BD's already in your possession and read them after.
And in this case you don't always get the whole list of original folders available in the the post. Sometimes only the BDMV folder is available.
So what do we do next to make PDVD read those mounted iso's with incomplete folders?

Thanks

Yes you have missed the point, it's about getting old rips of your own discs working. Slysoft do not condone or usually allow discussion of using pirated download rips.

Let me post the ‘complete’ solution

It seems that PDVD 8 wants to ‘see’ a ‘complete’ BD disc structure in order to play (which was not obviously the case in PDVD 7) :

So:

- Inside Root we should have 2 folders: BDMV και CERTIFICATE
- Inside BDMV we should have : CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, STREAM, BDJO, JAR, META, AUXDATA, 2 bdmv files and BACKUP (inside BACKUP we should have CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, BDJO and 2 bdmv files)
- Inside CERTIFICATE we should have BACKUP

All folders we should create should be of course empty

Let me post the ‘complete’ solution

It seems that PDVD 8 wants to ‘see’ a ‘complete’ BD disc structure in order to play (which was not obviously the case in PDVD 7) :

So:

- Inside Root we should have 2 folders: BDMV και CERTIFICATE
- Inside BDMV we should have : CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, STREAM, BDJO, JAR, META, AUXDATA, 2 bdmv files and BACKUP (inside BACKUP we should have CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, BDJO and 2 bdmv files)
- Inside CERTIFICATE we should have BACKUP

All folders we should create should be of course empty
Why were people having problems with this in the first place?

Is AnyDVD HD not copying all the required folders when doing a backup, or have people been manually copying folders themselves and accidentally leaving folders off the backup?

The issue should be moot when ripping source discs directly to ISO (which I think is how everyone should preferentially be doing it).

I assume from your statement about all folders must be empty, that in circumstances where the required folders were not copied originally, all that is required is the creation of new empty folders with the correct names and a re-ISO'ing.

Why were people having problems with this in the first place?

Is AnyDVD HD not copying all the required folders when doing a backup, or have people been manually copying folders themselves and accidentally leaving folders off the backup?

The issue should be moot when ripping source discs directly to ISO (which I think is how everyone should preferentially be doing it).

I assume from your statement about all folders must be empty, that in circumstances where the required folders were not copied originally, all that is required is the creation of new empty folders with the correct names and a re-ISO'ing.

well the problem was that someone made an ISO of a movie with only the BDMV folder and no certificate or anything else. its no problem with anydvd its how the ISO was made and this method that was done can not be played in powerdvd 8 but most of us also myself havemade ISO files with all the folders so it hasnt been a problem

Back