• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD/HD DVD ISO Image Creation

That should have taken about an hour at most. Something doesn't seem right there. Just out of curiosity can you try ripping it with AnyDVD disabled using the new version of ImgBurn just to do a comparison? I'd be curious to see if it's any faster for you. (I doubt it, but, I'd like to know for sure)

OK will do and report back...had anyDVD enabled on the first rip...

Hmmm, to get a good comparison then, and I know what you'll say to this :D, I would do another rip with CloneCD with AnyDVD disabled, as well, to get a time on that for comparison. I know, I know, but, if you want to get to the bottom of this it helps to eliminate all variables.

So, with AnyDVD disabled make an image with the latest ImgBurn and then again with CloneCD and compare the times. If they both come out over 2 hours, well, then we need to figure out what's wrong.

My Rip Method

After using AnyDVD for years I have gotten Lazy. Hence I try to use as few steps as I can to make backups. Using AnyDVD-HD loaded I now rip directly to ISO with ImgBurn then use the same program to Burn the ISO file to BD-R, I have now done so with all BD discs I own under 23.5gb (this seems the limit for 25 gig BD-R).

Most recently with 6.4.0.6 beta loaded I ripped and burned Hitman, which is a BD+ release wih a few extra problems as has been spoken of on this board. The disc plays perfectly in PDVD (3370a) and also on my stand alone Samsung BD-P1000.

YMMV but for me this is the quickest, easiest way to back up my library.

If your goal is to write your backup to a BD-R, then ripping with AnyDVD enabled probably makes sense as it MIGHT save you some time. But I don't necessarily agree that it has to. :) If you have a protected ISO on your hard drive, certainly burning that is not useful and will not work. HOWEVER, if you mount that ISO with AnyDVD active, nothing is stopping you from doing a disc copy from the mounted drive to your burner. So, it doesn't HAVE to take more time to use a protected ISO vs a non-protected ISO.

Last edited:
Well...

If your goal is to write your backup to a BD-R, then ripping with AnyDVD enabled probably makes sense as it MIGHT save you some time. But I don't necessarily agree that it has to. :) If you have a protected ISO on your hard drive, certainly burning that is not useful and will not work. HOWEVER, if you mount that ISO with AnyDVD active, nothing is stopping you from doing a disc copy from the mounted drive to our burner. So, it doesn't HAVE to take more time to use a protected ISO vs a non-protected ISO.

I agree it is not a subdstantive differance since I tend to rip then burn then remove the ISO the extra steps of mounting with Deamon before the burn then unmounting takes a few extra steps and seconds. Not a big deal but not needed as I end up burning the Anydvd'ed ISO in either case.

I agree it is not a substantive difference since I tend to rip then burn then remove the ISO the extra steps of mounting with Deamon before the burn then unmounting takes a few extra steps and seconds. Not a big deal but not needed as I end up burning the Anydvd'ed ISO in either case.

In that case, for you, then your method of ripping with AnyDVD enabled makes sense because you're not keeping the ISO around. If your only goal is to write a backup to a blank disc, then yes, my method may not be the best option in that case. I will definitely give you that.

However, if you DO want to keep the ISO around for playback, then I would suggest that my method is probably the best bet. It doesn't preclude you from burning it back to disc, even if it does take an extra couple of steps, but, it does give you the best image for playback.

That should have taken about an hour at most. Something doesn't seem right there. Just out of curiosity can you try ripping it with AnyDVD disabled using the new version of ImgBurn just to do a comparison? I'd be curious to see if it's any faster for you. (I doubt it, but, I'd like to know for sure)

Seems to have sorted itself out...did rips with and without AnyDVD with CloneCD...both under 50 mins this time..:confused:

Think maybe I had the wrong options enabled in cloneCD...seems to fine now...many thanks..:)

Cheers

Seems to have sorted itself out...did rips with and without AnyDVD with CloneCD...both under 50 mins this time..:confused:

Think maybe I had the wrong options enabled in cloneCD...seems to fine now...many thanks..:)

Cheers

That sounds much better. I'm glad you got it worked out.

How do I get the .m2ts-files out of an .iso, again?

Hello guys!
Since I haven't found any information about it, I hope that you don't mind me asking this question directly in this thread.
I have created an .iso from .m2ts-files using imgburn and now I want to make it undone.
Is there a way to get the original .m2ts-files out of an .iso, again?
If there is, I'd be thankfull if you'd let me know!

Sure. Just mount the ISO and then you can copy the m2ts files from the stream directory on the virtual drive just like from the original disc.

Thank you very much!
So I don't need any other software and I can do it right away with DaemonTools?

SamuriHL,

Not sure it is the right thread to ask but...

What about regular DVD, non-BD? your suggested way or enable AnyDVD then back up?

Thanks again!
I tried it several times now but unfortunately I can't work it out to copy the m2ts-files from the directory.
I can watch the BD from the virtual drive without problems using PowerDVD and DaemonTools but I can't find the m2ts-files.
As soon as I click on the virtual drive, a message which tells me that the drive is empty, appears.
Do you know what I am doing wrong?

SamuriHL,

Not sure it is the right thread to ask but...

What about regular DVD, non-BD? your suggested way or enable AnyDVD then back up?

No, definitely NOT for DVD. HD DVD would be ok to use this method on. But regular DVD's are encrypted with CSS and can't be decrypted after the fact. The ISO would be completely useless, IOW. In the case of DVD, your only option is to keep AnyDVD active when creating the image.

Thanks again!
I tried it several times now but unfortunately I can't work it out to copy the m2ts-files from the directory.
I can watch the BD from the virtual drive without problems using PowerDVD and DaemonTools but I can't find the m2ts-files.
As soon as I click on the virtual drive, a message which tells me that the drive is empty, appears.
Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Ahhhh, hehehe, yea, I know what the problem is. :) You're an XP user. Please see this thread for information on what you need to do to fix the problem.

Back