• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ defeatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it will work with BD+:

Do the following to check it out:

1. Get hold of the latest anydvd version

2. rip the blu-ray with BD+. Common examples of these are late Fox discs, such as FF4-2 and Simpsons.
3. The rip on the hard drive will have had the AACS removed, but the BD+ will still be present.
4. As such, you can't do any reprocessing of this data as it's in BD+ form, so forget playing with free players, transcoding, filter graphs etc..

5. Play it back from the hard drive directory with version 3104a or 3319a of Powerdvd. These versions have the following characteristics:

a. They still support hard disk directory playback for BD/HD
b. They support BD+
c. They do not insist upon AACS in addition to BD+ and will happily decode just BD+ without AACS.

The above is the recommended "workaround" for BD+ at the moment. The disadvantages are obvious, ie maintaining older versions of powerdvd.

When AnyDVD release a full crack of BD+, this will mean that the rips are then totally unencryped, and can be played in any player that does not prohibit Hard disk playback.

Let us know how you get on.

@mobileh264:

Do you think it will it be possible for the studios to release new films/disks with updated BD+ protection, that will stop PowerDVD 3319a from playing the hard drive ripped copy properly if AnyDVD has removed the AACS protection?

Or do you think we are OK with this method until the Slysoft guys release a full crack for BD+

Im worried about the drive/player revocation stuff that they can include on the disk etc

Thx Mobileh264!...I'll take a shot at a rip and playback and see how it goes.

@mobileh264:

Do you think it will it be possible for the studios to release new films/disks with updated BD+ protection, that will stop PowerDVD 3319a from playing the hard drive ripped copy properly if AnyDVD has removed the AACS protection?

Or do you think we are OK with this method until the Slysoft guys release a full crack for BD+

Im worried about the drive/player revocation stuff that they can include on the disk etc

BD+ can do that and even sort of "blacklist" specific players and versions.
And now that you brought this up and gave them the idea, they will :D

BD+ can do that and even sort of "blacklist" specific players and versions.
And now that you brought this up and gave them the idea, they will

Sorry - i see your point !

All the more reason for u guys to get "cracking" then :D

What about after BD+ is cracked? will there be BD+2... BD+3 and so on?

Slysoft, will builds 3730 or 3516 be able to play BD+ titles any time soon? Is this being worked on?

Guys, guys....

James has already said many many times that they're working on it and they will crack it, it's just a matter of time.

Leave him to do what he does best, getting on with the software as opposed to answering these repeated questions. That way we might have the solutions a little earlier.

KH

You do (get on my nerves) 'cause I said it many, many times, and I say it agian: Yes, it is possible, and yes, we'll do it.
my apologies :(
i will be patient ;)

Heres a good n00b question for you guys... With all the BD+ titles we've already ripped for PC playback, once BD+ is broken completely, will we have to re-rip from the orignal disc all over again or will we be able to remove BD+ from the local files on the hard drive?

Well as they haven't cracked it yet I don't see how you expect anyone to be able to answer that

There are a number of people who read these threads that know the answer to that question. It was directed toward them, not the random toplofty forum troll.

Heres a good n00b question for you guys... With all the BD+ titles we've already ripped for PC playback, once BD+ is broken completely, will we have to re-rip from the orignal disc all over again or will we be able to remove BD+ from the local files on the hard drive?

Providing the BD+ folder is there I cannot see why you couldnt just strip from your current rips but no one will really know until its done

There are a number of people who read these threads that know the answer to that question. It was directed toward them, not the random toplofty forum troll.

And I still say until it's actually cracked you can't say whether you'd need to re-rip as you don't know the full process required to rip it.
And I don't see any reason to resort to rudeness. You asked a question and I gave a very valid reply to that question. Resorting to that kind of comment just shows your own ignorance.

Resorting to that kind of comment just shows your own ignorance.

Don't respond to insults with insults of your own please. Just report the issue to a moderator, and let the moderator deal with the problem.

The original question has been answered.

This thread has run its course.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back