• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD Blanks discussion

Can someone clear something up for me? These, https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-100GB-White-Inkjet-Printable/dp/B00POY826G/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3OTBW9QRNF4GT&keywords=bd-xl+disc&qid=1551226021&s=gateway&sprefix=BD-XL,aps,165&sr=8-2, discs seem to have only 1 layer? I thought you needed 3 layers to achieve 100GB capacity?
I think they may have their description wrong? On that Amazon link you posted, if you scroll down you will read that BDXL is triple layer.

From Wikipedia

BDXL:
The BDXL format allows 100 GB and 128 GB write-once discs and 100 GB rewritable discs for commercial applications. It was defined in June 2010. BD-R 3.0 Format Specification (BDXL) defined a multi-layered disc recordable in BDAV format with the speed of 2× and 4×, capable of 100/128 GB and usage of UDF2.5/2.6. BD-RE 4.0 Format Specification (BDXL) defined a multi-layered disc rewritable in BDAV with the speed of 2× and 4×, capable of 100 GB and usage of UDF2.5 as file system.

I think they may have their description wrong? On that Amazon link you posted, if you scroll down you will read that BDXL is triple layer.

From Wikipedia

BDXL:
The BDXL format allows 100 GB and 128 GB write-once discs and 100 GB rewritable discs for commercial applications. It was defined in June 2010. BD-R 3.0 Format Specification (BDXL) defined a multi-layered disc recordable in BDAV format with the speed of 2× and 4×, capable of 100/128 GB and usage of UDF2.5/2.6. BD-RE 4.0 Format Specification (BDXL) defined a multi-layered disc rewritable in BDAV with the speed of 2× and 4×, capable of 100 GB and usage of UDF2.5 as file system.
In any case, these discs average a little more than $4.50 each and will be suitable for most UHD writes? The Ebay discs listed in a previous post will take a lot more time to ship.

In any case, these discs average a little more than $4.50 each and will be suitable for most UHD writes? The Ebay discs listed in a previous post will take a lot more time to ship.

I'm not sure as I do not burn to disc. I don't see the point. It's so much easier to rip movie and store on HDD. I have all my movies stored on my NAS and just stream to my LibreELEC HTPC.

Back