• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD Blanks discussion

I don't know, sorry. But you have to keep in mind. I have ZERO burn errors with any of my 3 drives and quality verbatim blanks. How much money have you "thrown away" due to the burn errors ya think. Ya get what you pay for mate :)

1. Verbatim (and the now sadly defunct Tayo Yuden) (DataLifePlus ones, not the cheap "life series"!!)
2. Sony, TDK...
3. RiTek, RiData

I don't know, sorry. But you have to keep in mind. I have ZERO burn errors with any of my 3 drives and quality verbatim blanks. How much money have you "thrown away" due to the burn errors ya think. Ya get what you pay for mate :)

1. Verbatim (and the now sadly defunct Tayo Yuden) (DataLifePlus ones, not the cheap "life series"!!)
2. Sony, TDK...
3. RiTek, RiData
I took a quick "stroll" through Google Shopping [this is how I found the RiTek at Ebay] for Sony and TDK. They cost a a lot more than the RiTek. I posted somewhere about your point: "coasters", "throw aways", write errors, etc But, even with a few of these from the RiTek 25 pack, I still get roughly 22 successful burns. So, it still only costs about 2 USD a disc.

of course they coast more. Quality comes at a cost ;) Ya can't get a ferrari with a ford buget either ;) The only other thing i can say is to check if there's a firmware update for your drive(s). Thats all the advice i can give you. If ya want quality, ya gotta pay for it.

of course they coast more. Quality comes at a cost ;) Ya can't get a ferrari with a ford buget either ;) The only other thing i can say is to check if there's a firmware update for your drive(s). Thats all the advice i can give you. If ya want quality, ya gotta pay for it.
Of course. Underlying all this is the fact that these BD-50 DL discs have never dropped down in price the way DVD-8 DL discs did. It seems as if the demand for these is not great enough for this to happen. My guess is all the streaming, renting or purchasing, options that are now available. Old farts like me that like the "hands on" tactile experience are the minority now. LOL

I have been using OpticalQuantam BD25's for 3 years with my LG burners and have had a few bad burns mostly due to bad rips caused by bad sectors on storage drives, rather than the blank media. On Newegg on sale is only $15.99 sometimes with free shipping for a pack of 25. Happy with the purchase and price, but have yet to check longevity. Oldest coming up on 3 years time to check. Have also purchased OQ BD-50 but price is usually equivalent to Verbatim.

I have been using OpticalQuantam BD25's for 3 years with my LG burners and have had a few bad burns mostly due to bad rips caused by bad sectors on storage drives, rather than the blank media. On Newegg on sale is only $15.99 sometimes with free shipping for a pack of 25. Happy with the purchase and price, but have yet to check longevity. Oldest coming up on 3 years time to check. Have also purchased OQ BD-50 but price is usually equivalent to Verbatim.

Unfortunately, Optical Quantum BD25 6x discs have changed. The older ones (PHILIP-R04-000) I always got were better and I can burn at 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x using my Pioneer BDR-205 & BDR-209 even though they are only rated at 6x. The Optical Quantum 25GB discs are now OTCBDR-002-000 and can only be burned up to 8x. Recommendation is not to burn above 4x from things I've read. Price remains the same but the quality has dropped.

I've been using the older PHILIP-R04-000 discs for years and have yet to have one go bad so the longevity has been solid for me.

Last I knew Optical Quantum BD50 discs were Ritek so I've avoid them, anyway.

Unfortunately, Optical Quantum BD25 6x discs have changed. The older ones (PHILIP-R04-000) I always got were better and I can burn at 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x using my Pioneer BDR-205 & BDR-209 even though they are only rated at 6x. The Optical Quantum 25GB discs are now OTCBDR-002-000 and can only be burned up to 8x. Recommendation is not to burn above 4x from things I've read. Price remains the same but the quality has dropped.

I've been using the older PHILIP-R04-000 discs for years and have yet to have one go bad so the longevity has been solid for me.

Last I knew Optical Quantum BD50 discs were Ritek so I've avoid them, anyway.
[Burn speed! I totally forgot about this] With the RiTek BD-50s, I was using the "slowest" [2x?] burn speed with Burnaware Pro. I never attempted use a higher speed. [I have not got around to using ImgBurn again so far] Is there any way to know if 4x might be a safe burn speed? Or, is it "Trial and Error"?

Trial and error only.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

i wouldn't trust them. They look right but the images don't match. Verbatim discs NEVER come in a "paper sleeve". They're opened spindles and "repackaged". Anything opened is off-limits for me

i wouldn't trust them. They look right but the images don't match. Verbatim discs NEVER come in a "paper sleeve". They're opened spindles and "repackaged". Anything opened is off-limits for me
Is the US, I have never seen them in a paper sleeve, only a jewel case. But, it might be possible that they are sold in other countries in different packaging? I did send a message to the seller to see if these are DataLifePlus series.

Verbatim has only 2 retail packages. Jewelcase or Spindles (cakeboxes)

Verbatim has only 2 retail packages. Jewelcase or Spindles (cakeboxes)
Hmm, the only legitimate possibility left is that the seller repackaged them. i.e. Replacing jewel cases with paper to save on shipping cost?

To me, a lot. Ya never know what you're going to get with "repackaged" stuff. But you're not me. You have to make that choice for yourself

I've had ones shipped out in the past that were in the sleeves and due to the writeable surface of the discs being slightly soft when the turned up they didn't work as the cross hatching of the fabric inside the sleeves had pressed into the surface and left marks.
Doesn't always happen but just be warned it may

I've had ones shipped out in the past that were in the sleeves and due to the writeable surface of the discs being slightly soft when the turned up they didn't work as the cross hatching of the fabric inside the sleeves had pressed into the surface and left marks.
Doesn't always happen but just be warned it may

This is why I've hated sleeved discs going back forever. And that's before even worrying about repeatedly sliding the discs in and out causing damage over time. I always buy cakeboxes of discs and separate jewel cases if I need them.

Guys, it´s not that easy

Ridata and Traxdata are Ritek-brands, so if you buy them you will get Ritek, bad enough.

Sony stopped production long time ago, then Ritek continues produce for Sony good BD-media with Sony-standards.

Now you get here Sony-branded-media from Ritek, RITEKBR3. The worst media I ever had, labled from a few brands.

TDK? TDK let produce FTI TDK-branded-media with TDK-Code. But the TDKs I bought were code PHILIPR04 and MBIR06.

Verbatim? Also not easy, I doubt Verbatim (Mitsubishi Chemicals) still produce by their own, MCC always stopped if the prices get lower. So other manufacturers like CMC, MBI and Prodisc (bankrupt) produce for them. Some media is still produced by MCC-standards, so it´s maybe still good. Printable Verbatim have IMHO CMC-codes, but still one of the better media you can get 2day

Back