• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ and BD-R/RE

mick2006

If I remember right we can't copy our BD+ discs to BD-R/RE. Am I correct, or can we make a back up on a BD-R/RE if we copy the entire disc structure? T

you can if you play from folder and not from disc (even tho the folder is on the disc if you know what i mean).

but dont waste your time, it wont play on standalone players, and as soon as the cert is revoked and next version of powerdvd comes out those bd+ wont be playable at all without removing the bd+ which will require reburn.

in short, dont waste expensive BD-R's on something that isnt going to be playable in 3 months time anyway.

Have to agree, even if you burn it to disc the only place you can play it back is on a PC using PowerDVD

here is my experience - you can play non BD+ on PS3 if you copy all files as is - I experimented with 50 GB BD-RE.

As for BD+, it basically plays in same way, but it has strong disturbances, such as pixel distortions - basically useless.

Please check my post concerning region coding here - the above first statement holds true when you target a specific region (A, B or C).

hope this helps

Thanks for your responses. I have quite a few blank BD-R/RE discs and hoped I could use them for Day After Tomm and Die Hard, but apparently not.

As for BD+, it basically plays in same way, but it has strong disturbances, such as pixel distortions - basically useless.

Thats what BD+ is. the video is encoded with those errors. and the BD+ VM corrects it as its played back.

Back