• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ AACS thing- is this dead yet?

I think the whole encryption this is stupid anyways for a few one reason it will always get cracked! Now onto other topics if it wasn't for the sale of the PS3 and BD Players plus movies they wouldn't even spend the time on this due to it draining their resources. So really we need to blame all this on all the BD buyers for allowing the company to pocket some cash flow to improve the product on their behalf rather than the end users behalf. Just my opinion though.

Not only for me, but for all the player hardware / software makers, too. Hehe, this will be fun, as all players will need updated firmware in time for these BD+ titles to play.

But the BD folks are used to this, as the BD specification has been a moving target right from the start. :D

So I've read. That'd be kind of irritating to have to continuously update your player. And the big question is...will PowerDVD Ultra be updated to support this crap AND work the first time? BAHAHAHA. Yup, SURE it will. Let's see, if I'm not mistaken this BD+ crap uses a java virtual machine running inside the player, correct? This theoretically allows the disc to have several more layers of encryption to be added. But, once again, the basic design is that eventually you need to be able to play the disc. And that means the content will eventually be decrypted in memory somewhere. Yea, sooooo, anyway, have fun with it. ;)

So I've read. That'd be kind of irritating to have to continuously update your player. And the big question is...will PowerDVD Ultra be updated to support this crap AND work the first time? BAHAHAHA.
Some BD players still cannot play the new BD-Java titles (Pirates 1&2).
PowerDVD Ultra doesn't play the German versions of Pirates 1&2, probably because of some bugs in the Java implementation.
Yes, this will be a lot of fun. Most BD players don't have an Ethernet port (mandatory for HD DVD), so you need to burn an ISO image or wait for an update disc from the manufacturer.
The good thing is, that the HD DVD camp had the specs fixed from day one. They had their share of playback problems, too, but these were caused by implementation bugs (e.g., non HDi titles didn't work on XBOX360), authoring bugs (Relentless Enemies) or manufacturing problems (some combo discs).
The specs or mandatory requirements didn't change (and aren't going to change soon), and this is a good thing(tm).

But come on, people, eat shit! One billion flies cannot be wrong.
Not! Let the Blu-ray discs gather dust on the shelves. Watch "The Matrix" on HD DVD instead. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Let the studios release all their content on BOTH formats and let the market decide in a fair fight. BluRay would be history at that point. :) I love HD DVD...this crap with BD+ and all that other nonsense does not make me want to adopt BD even if it does have titles I care about. :/

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Let the studios release all their content on BOTH formats and let the market decide in a fair fight. BluRay would be history at that point. :) I love HD DVD...this crap with BD+ and all that other nonsense does not make me want to adopt BD even if it does have titles I care about. :/
Unfortunately I have to deal with BD 'cause it's my job. I wouldn't have added BD support to AnyDVD HD, but it wasn't my decision.

You could write a letter to Disney, Fox, Lions Gate and (hehe) Sony Pictures, kindly asking for the HD DVD release dates of the titles you would like to purchase. And don't forget to tell us their responses here. We all like a good laugh. :D

Yea, sure, I'll definitely work on that. BAHAHAH. :D I'm sure they'll be receptive to my query. :D

Yea, sure, I'll definitely work on that. BAHAHAH. :D I'm sure they'll be receptive to my query. :D

If you are going to do it, post the template and email addresses for the studios here.

Then we can repost it to other forums.

It will be lot of fun, I am sure.

I do not have BD player. I have two xbox Add-ons.

Not because I can't afford BD player. Because I refuse to put up with $500+ for the stupid player. Until Sony camp comes to its senses (most probably never), I won't buy a player or one single BD disc.

Of course Blockbuster decision makes it harder for HD DVD camp.

But since BD guys are shooting themselves in the foot, it is a new beginning.

Just imagine all the technology challenged folks who have to update the firmware on their $1K BD players.

Do you really think it'd be worth the effort to email them and request titles on HD-DVD? I mean, I could try, but, the results would be, as James said, laughable. The thing is, Sony and Disney ARE losing a crapload of money because there are titles from both studios I would buy...if they were on HD-DVD. Sony will *NEVER* relent...it would signal a failure of the PS3 and they can't allow that to happen. Disney could be convinced eventually, but, it will take a few years of HD-DVD pounding the hell out of BluRay before that happens. Both studios are *VERY* stubborn. So, yea, I COULD email them, but, I'm not likely to. But then, I'm not likely to buy their HD movies at higher prices, either. ;) HD-DVD, however, will continue to enjoy my support.

Do you really think it'd be worth the effort to email them and request titles on HD-DVD? I mean, I could try, but, the results would be, as James said, laughable. The thing is, Sony and Disney ARE losing a crapload of money because there are titles from both studios I would buy...if they were on HD-DVD. Sony will *NEVER* relent...it would signal a failure of the PS3 and they can't allow that to happen. Disney could be convinced eventually, but, it will take a few years of HD-DVD pounding the hell out of BluRay before that happens. Both studios are *VERY* stubborn. So, yea, I COULD email them, but, I'm not likely to. But then, I'm not likely to buy their HD movies at higher prices, either. ;) HD-DVD, however, will continue to enjoy my support.

If you are not going to bother, that's fine.

But if you decide to do so, the more the happier.

Grass-root campaign to promote HD DVD might work eventually. HD DVD has MS and Intel on their side, and it's a big difference.

Oh well, Sony etc. don't want my money. Fine.

Thanks God Warner is smarter than that and will be releasing "300" in both formats, as well as other titles.

I am watching one of my all-time favorites, "Trading Places", in HD DVD and it is gorgeous despite the fact it is an old movie.

If I thought it would actually make a difference, I would in a heartbeat. But, unfortunately, Disney and Sony won't listen to anyone, especially consumers. They're both arrogant companies.

I am *SOOOO* looking forward to 300 on HD-DVD!!!!!!!!!! That is going to be one of the best HD-DVD's ever released IMO. :) Also, James pointed out that a few "BluRay exclusives" are being released in other countries on HD-DVD. So, we might be able to import them. Region free is a great thing for consumers.

For now, let's enjoy HD-DVD while it has a chance and keep supporting it by buying titles in the format. That is how you truly change a company's mind...when they start losing money and seeing other studios making money on a competing format...then Disney might change their tune.

So... Will BD+ be crackable? That would be pretty funny!

So... Will BD+ be crackable? That would be pretty funny!

Yes, it will be crackable. It's a matter of how long it takes. Once again, the basic design flaw with all DRM is that eventually you have to have unprotected content in order to do playback. That means that whatever device you have, be it a stand alone player or a software player, contains everything needed to unprotect the content. They can certainly make it difficult, but, not impossible because they're giving you the keys. They're just hidden. However, since they are available, they will be found. It's a game they can't hope to win. I've seen this same game played out time and time again in many different media. ALWAYS the hackers win. We just have to wait.

Actually, its pretty funny writing an open letter to Sony and Disney asking for, essentially, fair play for HD DVD since it’s Sony preferred tactic to choke off media for the competing format.

Giving someone little or no choice is an excellent way to force your agenda and its for that reason that anything worth having rarely if ever needs to be forced upon someone. Trying to eliminate or impede movie selection on HD DVD is tantamount to trying to eliminate the choice between HD DVD and Blu-ray.

I know it was mentioned in jest but it actually sounds like a good idea for a grassroots anti-blu-ray campaign. That is to say a “Fair Play” campaign that could garner a lot of attention if done right.

Back