• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD 50GB

I thought I'd come back and give an update since I didn't see anyone reply.

I ended up buying a couple 10-packs of SmartBuy BD50 discs and a 50-pack of SmartBuy BD25 discs. I have had good luck with both of these burning at 2x on my Pioneer BD drive, playing back on an LG UBK90.

If you want another, cheaper alternative, grab a 50-pack of DVD9s and you can burn BD9 AVCHD discs if your player supports these. If you use slow encoding, the quality is fairly decent most times. And you don't need a BD burner to burn these, works with a DVD burner.
What's the media code of those BD50? Run Imgburn to show it.

RITEK-DR3-000

I seem to be having good luck with them so long as I write at 2x, and they're a lot cheaper than the 50GB Verbatim.
You should be good with those. I´ve made a lot of backups with this media code - No issues at all.
Pionner Burner falshed to BDR212U.

You should be good with those. I´ve made a lot of backups with this media code - No issues at all.
Pionner Burner falshed to BDR212U.

I notice that I just have to use slow write speeds (2x). I even have had one or two of the Verbatim BD50 (newer kind that are made by CMC, not the old Japanese-made Mitsubishi) that are starting to go bad, but I think I did these on faster write speeds.

If you configure imgburn like mentioned in the thrad about the lost feature, you should get a real burn speed of 1,7x from 4,0 x.
Did you give this a try?

Back