Battlefield 2/2142 freezes

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by matthew, Jun 30, 2007.

1. control101

control101 Member

Still happening, tried recent beta.

I am still experiencing the same problem with BF2 (had to wipe system). After I exit the game, Game Jackal will begin building the profile but then hang the system. I even tried my own methods and still no go. All the same hardware and software, ran the updated GJ, tried the beta, will not complete the profile process. I have to reset the system as it locks out all controls.

Update: I kept screwing around with Game Jackal, trying to get BF2 working and finally, following my steps in a previous post, it worked. Finally. I then decided to try BF2: Special Forces and I'm having the same problem as I did with BF2. I tried my steps and instead of it just not working, it destroyed my BF2 profile too. Great. Back to square one.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  2. matthew

matthew SlySoft Team Member

What is the version number of the GJ file "MaplomProfiler.dll"?

3. control101

control101 Member

MaplomProfiler.dll version 2.9.18.570

Okay, to got it to work this time, I went through the process, putting the disc in, etc., playing for a hour or more and then as soon as I exited the game and seen the Game Jackal profiler come up, I cancelled it (displayed confirmation dialogue) and the profile works. Weird? Now to try it with BF2:SF... Program is still awesome.

Update: I'm guessing no one else has had problems getting BF2:SF to work too? I just figured it out (in my situation) and figured I'd post what I did.

In Game Jackal, I copied the original BF2 profile, gave it a new name and then simply added the correct parameters (this is why it destroyed it the first time, because it uses the same .exe). The parameters added: +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  4. matthew

Try setting the registry value "Use MaplomH" to 0 (under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal) and then try again.

Make sure you return it to 1 after testing.

5. bolthill

bolthill New Member

GameJackal 2.9.18.600 solved BF2142 freezing up for me

This latest release (GameJackal 2.9.18.600) seems to have fixed the freezing up of BF2142 & Windows that I was having since its initial release.

I couldn't isolate any specific thing that was causing it to freeze after 5-30 min of playing time, so my initial assuption was that it was hardware related.
    I tried spot cooling, re-seating the components, different power supply, re-installing GJ & Bf2142, to no avail. I was just ready to wipe C:/ & re-install Windows, and do a bit of Voodoo Mojo as a last resort, but it has been flawless gameplay with this latest release. 8)

It still may of been a hardware issue I was having, but I didn't want to bitch and moan until I could point to any specific problem, and didn't seem like the specific issue I was having was a problem for anyone else.

I'd like to thank everyone at Slysoft for all the sweat and tears they have put in for us.

6. matthew

Good to hear ;)

7. Bill1426

Bill1426 Member

Parameters are not being forwarded for BF 2142
    With GJ 2.9.18.610

8. DeadeyeAlderman

DeadeyeAlderman New Member

problems

I am having problems with battlefield 2 in GJ,I have not tried my battlefield 2142 yet . Right now it's just battlefield 2 keeps asking for disk. I have redone the profile image many times and it still keeps asking for the disk ....HELP!:bowdown:

9. DeadeyeAlderman

Part problem solved

Ok, I got my battlefield 2 to work now but am still having the problem with battlefield 2142 now that I tried it, I can get signed into it but when i try to go to multi play in game, it crashes, and the hole screen comes down and it has done this many times, but the way i got my battlefield 2 to work is that after I made the profile image I restarted my PC and tried it and it started right up and played with no problem......Just can't figure out the battlefield 2142, But if I get it running I will write agian here,if someone can help me with battlefield 2142 please advise me and Thank you in advance

10. DeadeyeAlderman

Finely I got it .

I finely figured out what my problem was with my battlefield 2142, I went into the main page of battlefield 2142 and there is a new update for the game, and when I downloaded it to patch my game,When the patch was finished, I tried it, and now the game plays fine on GJ, Not sure really if this will fix everyone but just letting you all know that I have mine working now but if I have problems later I am sure you all will be hearing from me again.........:clap: