Barbershop 2

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by thetoad, Oct 14, 2018.

1. thetoad

thetoad Well-Known Member

Been getting a cannot process request at this moment, try again later for days now for it.

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Use the original disc and try again

couldn't retrieve AGID!

AnyDVD can't retrieve the unique identifier from your DVDFab virtual drive, so decryption fails

3. thetoad

I use this method constantly, this is the only disc I've ever had an issue with. I image the disc in Linux using ddrescue and then decrypt it in Windows using anydvd mounted. With dvdfab image mounter

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. mbarnstijn

mbarnstijn Well-Known Member

To figure out if there's an issue with that "other company's" image mounter, why not try Virtual Clone Drive instead? It's a free download from this RedFox site. I've been using VCD for a decade; it's very reliable and Elaborate Bytes are very responsive if you have any problems.

Cheers,

--michael

5. thetoad

same experience with virtual clone drive. trying to image it on another linux box to see if it makes a difference.

6. thetoad

same experience with a rebuilt image. I jump through these hoops, as I don't have a my bd drive in my windows box (and ddrescue works much better on linux than within windos, even with the new linux subsystem). Is their a reason it can get the AGID almost every other time, but is failing now?

7. thetoad

was able to get the disc successfully decrypted using other tools (it is a non BD+ and non BD-J disc, so thats easy enough to decrypt using open source tools, i.e. use the vuk to decrypt it), I'm still confused why anydvd had issues with it.

8. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

It's not mysterious.
    AnyDVD will connect to the key server for every disc it has never seen before - and in that instance, a proper authentication is required, which is not possible, when only mounting an image.
    Once it generated the key, it will work for everyone even from an ISO.

testiles and whatever_gong82 like this.
  9. thetoad

Ok, that makes sense. Basically, I'm the first person to try to use this disc w/ anydvd?

I can work around it for non jar or bd+ discs. I spent some time seeing if some Network block device project could let me export the bd drive from Linux to windows, but in practicality, this wouldnt work due to the lower level calls made directly to the drive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk