• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Band of the Hand B-Ray

interossiter

Ripped to disk - Cyberlink Any DVD 16 can't play. Created ISO same thing. Tried to handbrake the ripped to disk files it doesn't see the files. Any suggestions. Log attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.0.0_Info_E_Band of the Hand_21E2C8F4_ABD71E23.ziplog
    109.6 KB · Views: 5
Wrong section, moved. Bluray problems do not go in the DVD section.

Cyberlink any DVD 16? You mean powerdvd? Can't play you say. Can't play 'how'? What's happening? Pretty sure handbrake can we the files just fine, an you do is point it to the bdmv folder?

What exactly is it you're trying to do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Sorry for the poorly placed and written entry. Yes I mean Cyberlink powerdvd. Ideally I would like to run it through handbrake. I did point to the BDMV folder with handbrake. With Powerdvd it says, "loading".... then says "cannot play file".

Sorry for the poorly placed and written entry. Yes I mean Cyberlink powerdvd. Ideally I would like to run it through handbrake. I did point to the BDMV folder with handbrake. With Powerdvd it says, "loading".... then says "cannot play file".
Whatever it is, it's definitely not protection related. That's a super-simple HDMV disc with nothing special (hardly anything) on it.
Likely just a bad disc.

Pete - Thank you for the analysis. I have one follow up question - Are you aware of situations in the past, with a disk that is bad, but the rip completes correctly? I've had my share discs fail due to reading errors at various sectors, but never one that made it all the way through, "rip to hard disk" or create ISO that then was unplayable. I will be trying to get a different BD of this movie to see if I get the same results. Thanks again for your response!

@BrianG61UK I think @interossiter meant to say "I've had my share of discs fail..." but forgot the "of" in that common phrase. A simple typo that made it briefly confusing, but ultimately makes sense if you correct for missing words.

@BrianG61UK I think @interossiter meant to say "I've had my share of discs fail..." but forgot the "of" in that common phrase. A simple typo that made it briefly confusing, but ultimately makes sense if you correct for missing words.
That does make sense and I'm embarrassed that I didn't see it myself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've got that same disc now (you got me curious) and I wonder.

@interossiter, do you have either one of the settings for "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" or "Remove video sequences shorter than" enabled in your Video Blu-ray settings for AnyDVD?

I ask because I have no trouble at all playing this disc using any software player capable of menus, including DVDf*b Player and PowerDVD. I've got those settings turned off because so many people have had issues when some supposedly "harmless" little video bits are removed from the main movie playlist.

--michael

Was able to test over the weekend. I isolated the trouble to my Cyberlink PowerDVD version 16 fully patched installation. After re-installing I was able to play both the original BD as well as the ISO made by AnyDVD. @mbarnstijn per your question - I did not have the "Remove video sequences shorter than" checked. See the attached to confirm the setting you were referring to. So you are correct it is not a copy protection issue. I re-tried "rip to disk" via AnyDVD as well as a competitor to AnyDVD decrypting tool and neither were able to be "read" by Handbrake. I also tried to use handbrake on the BD directly as well as on the ISO file created by AnyDVD and the same error occurred. So the first time ever I found a BD successfully ripped, that was unable to be read by Handbrake but the ISO is usable to PowerDVD as well as other playing software. Thanks to all for your expertise. .

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    80.4 KB · Views: 4
Back