• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ban on DVD copying software looms

cgf003

I have received a number of emails from software companies (not SlySoft) stating that there is a possible ban on DVD copying software.

Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

I know Itoo has sent mass emails out to to get more sales stating someone was stating of this banning software. It's a gimmick.

You can buy dvd copying software in stores (Wal Mart, Staples, etc.), so I guess it's not banned, here in the US. It's not illegal to own the software, but is illegal to use it (to copy commercial dvds). Makes a lot of sense, huh? :)

DVD copying software

I think I read somewhere that it is legal for you to make a copy of software you have purchased, which makes the software legal. Now, if you are going to do hundreds of copies of the latest movie and sell them on the street ...
thats just wrong.

I think I read somewhere that it is legal for you to make a copy of software you have purchased, which makes the software legal. Now, if you are going to do hundreds of copies of the latest movie and sell them on the street ...
thats just wrong.
That is not true, in the US, because it's illegal to bypass copy protection, on any media, even if you own it. They just don't actively pursue us, for doing backups. Even the newer cds, that have copy protection, are illegal to copy. Old cds is legal to copy, because they have no copy protections on them, and as such, fell under the "Fair Use" laws.

Some computer software says in the agreement, that you're allowed to make one backup copy. I guess they still say that. I've not read one in awhile......

There has been talk that the movie studios are going to allow a copy of Blu ray movies, to be ripped and put on movie servers, in folks home theater systems, because so many people want to do that.

Last edited:
copyrite rules

If the studios would lower the price of the DVD then there would not be a need for copying. The reason they are so high, is the high cost of rehab for the stars. All their money is spent on illegal drugs. Go figure.

My uneducated opinion

I "think" if you are just truly making back-up copies of your original purchased dvd's just for purposes like me so my kids dont ruin my originals and as long as your not selling copies or doing anything that you know you should not I dont "think" we have anything to worry about.If that is all you are doing then i would like to "think" that as long as you have the original store bought dvd then "hopefully" the man shouldnt be knoking on your door.But this is just my uneducated guess and opinion,and we all know that opinions are like assholes,everyone has one.

You can buy dvd copying software in stores (Wal Mart, Staples, etc.), so I guess it's not banned, here in the US. It's not illegal to own the software, but is illegal to use it (to copy commercial dvds). Makes a lot of sense, huh? :)
It would be for unencrypted discs only. I can't see a product like AnyDVD lasting long in American stores!

If the studios would lower the price of the DVD then there would not be a need for copying. The reason they are so high, is the high cost of rehab for the stars. All their money is spent on illegal drugs. Go figure.

Movie stars is one thing. But make sure you
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE! ! !

Couldnt resisit....
:rock:

I know Itoo has sent mass emails out to to get more sales stating someone was stating of this banning software. It's a gimmick.
Exactly who is sending these e-mails Charlie, I am interested , I have not got one. There must be a return on the e-mail.:confused:

Back