• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bad Taiyo Yuden disks

lfp2

I've been using Taiyo Yuden disks for some time now but the last two stacks have not been up to the usual standards. Especially the last hundred. About a dozen of the first 40 have been bad. Is there another brand considered worth buying? I've been using the White Inkjet hub printable type. The Supermedia store wants me to send back all 100 for a replacement! I've been throwing out the bad ones for 3 weeks. Fat chance. If anyone has an easy answer please let me know and I will give that a try. I am really disappointed in this latest development with Taiyo Yuden quality. Its getting so bad you cant trust anything anymore! Have a nice day.
Thanks

Have you considered it might not be the discs, but may be your writer that's on the way out?

I go through approx 100-300 a week and rarely have any fail

I don't know the particular store you mentioned, but it could be your optical drive or perhaps some replica media. I've received replica TDK and Verbatim discs in the past, which also have flaws. Then i got them replaced. They had odd disc IDs and the colour of the surface was a bit different than the genuine ones.

I've been using Taiyo Yuden disks for some time now but the last two stacks have not been up to the usual standards. Especially the last hundred. About a dozen of the first 40 have been bad. Is there another brand considered worth buying? I've been using the White Inkjet hub printable type. The Supermedia store wants me to send back all 100 for a replacement! I've been throwing out the bad ones for 3 weeks. Fat chance. If anyone has an easy answer please let me know and I will give that a try. I am really disappointed in this latest development with Taiyo Yuden quality. Its getting so bad you cant trust anything anymore! Have a nice day.
Thanks

And....did you order the "Premium Line" or the "Value Line"? The Value Line, while better than a lot of others, is not as good as the Premium Line.

Back