• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bad movie thread?

DQ

I just had a thought. And that does not mean it's a good one. I know movie preference is super subjective. I for one often times love movies panned by others as garbage (particularly comedies). Actually at this point if the critics say it's junk I go out and make sure I watch it.

But anyway, there are some stinkers that are so bad that you wish your friends would know to avoid them and I thought maybe we should have a thread on "it's so bad just don't bother"?

The reason I thought about this is because I snagged a movie recently that I was looking forward to watching. It was Sci-Fi and had Bruce Willis so I thought it would at least be cool. I was shocked at how bad it was. I made it like 30mins in and then started to think I rather rub shaved glass and lemon juice in my nether regions than continue to watch it.

Anyways just a thought to stir conversation.

Good movie to one is a stinker to others, it depends on your expectations.

Reactions: DQ

Yes I know and that's why I worded that the way I did. I think movies can be so bad though where they are almost universally hated. And that was my point. And just to have fun and point and laugh at bad movies.

The reason I thought about this is because I snagged a movie recently that I was looking forward to watching. It was Sci-Fi and had Bruce Willis so I thought it would at least be cool. I was shocked at how bad it was.
I assume you are talking about this cinematic sin? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11762434/

Reactions: DQ
That Bruce Willis is almost as old as I am, and he is still making movies, he makes so many some have to stink.

Now this is true just based on stats. But I know the man can read and I am sure he can pay people to evaluate scripts for him. The only way I imagine he got caught in this one is because someone had nekkid pictures of him with a fainting goat or something :p RF1, I mean it's bad bad. Like they are supposed to be hundreds of years in the future but apparently mankind stopped evolving after 2020 and just kept using the same buildings and cars for 500 years :p Seriously there was like a 2020 Jeep. Like the whole time I just felt bad for Bruce Willis :p

Now this is true just based on stats. But I know the man can read and I am sure he can pay people to evaluate scripts for him. The only way I imagine he got caught in this one is because someone had nekkid pictures of him with a fainting goat or something :p RF1, I mean it's bad bad. Like they are supposed to be hundreds of years in the future but apparently mankind stopped evolving after 2020 and just kept using the same buildings and cars for 500 years :p Seriously there was like a 2020 Jeep. Like the whole time I just felt bad for Bruce Willis :p
LOL, now I want to watch it.:ROFLMAO:

:cool::cool: Same reason I avoid lately flicks with Nicolas Cage. Bad scripts, bad movies but they need a name of a star to make it seem interesting.

LOL, now I want to watch it.:ROFLMAO:

I am sure it's readily available LOL. Actually, you can get the disc from either Netflix or Gamefly. Or you might go check by running and down the street I am sure someone will toss a copy out their window :p

:cool::cool: Same reason I avoid lately flicks with Nicolas Cage. Bad scripts, bad movies but they need a name of a star to make it seem interesting.

Cage is the opposite. He does so many bad movies every once in awhile he F's up and does a decent one. :p

Cage is the opposite. He does so many bad movies every once in awhile he F's up and does a decent one. :p
The ninth version of Fast and Furious is coming out soon, 9 movies with Dom Torreto ( Vin Diesel) drives like a lunatic and doesnt even get a ticket.:rolleyes:

The ninth version of Fast and Furious is coming out soon, 9 movies with Dom Torreto ( Vin Diesel) drives like a lunatic and doesnt even get a ticket.:rolleyes:

Well, if people pay to see it they will keep making it. It's why we keep getting reboots and sequels out the wahzoo. Same issue with video games and music. Why spend time/money/effort to make something revolutionary or a real blockbuster when you can create junk and get almost the same money. They only make stuff at this point to churn a dollar. I am sure that's how this "Cosmic Sin" (what a name) came to be.

Well, if people pay to see it they will keep making it. It's why we keep getting reboots and sequels out the wahzoo. Same issue with video games and music. Why spend time/money/effort to make something revolutionary or a real blockbuster when you can create junk and get almost the same money. They only make stuff at this point to churn a dollar. I am sure that's how this "Cosmic Sin" (what a name) came to be.
If I drive 36 in a 35mph zone I get a ticket. Not fair.:)

I know! I feel bad for you, RedFox, growing up without home computers. I mean, what did you do, go outside??? :)
Yes I always knew where my friends were because all the bikes were parked there. My mother used to scream out the window to the lady next door and she used to scream to the park to send me home for dinner.:D

Yes I always knew where my friends were because all the bikes were parked there. My mother used to scream out the window to the lady next door and she used to scream to the park to send me home for dinner.:D

When we stopped growing up like that is when things started to go sideways.

I am quoting this again because I think it's right. I still think some movies can be universally panned but those are few. I know there are a number of movies I like a little bit at least that many people would mock me over. Most of them probably comedies because I have a silly sense of humor.

Maybe we should have a good movie thread instead so we can share good finds with others so they can check them out.

My daughter convinced me to watch "Fear Street Part One: 1994" with her, a couple of weeks ago. It was — by far — the worst movie I've ever seen, and I've watched lots of movies in my life. Cast, story, script, everything was just hideous.

My daughter convinced me to watch "Fear Street Part One: 1994" with her, a couple of weeks ago. It was — by far — the worst movie I've ever seen, and I've watched lots of movies in my life. Cast, story, script, everything was just hideous.

If you put Netflix in a room with 1000 good scripts and 1 horrific one. Within 5mins they would walk out with the bad one.

Back