Bad Media

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by peachytraz, Aug 21, 2007.

1. peachytraz

peachytraz New Member

Ok I have been reading all the probs that have been put on here to do with bad media, I have had no probs with clone and now all of a sudden i am having bad media probs. I copy disc to pc but then when i insert maxell disc to copy to it says bad media, i clean disc, clean dvdr drawer and have even updated to newest version, so why the problem now? Hope someone can help me please :)

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Don't use regular Maxell blank media (Maxell Plus and Maxell Broadcast Quality made in Japan are ok, but otherwise Maxell is not good).

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

9. I'm getting Writedvd 10 11 W2 errors. Why?

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (8x) premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes". Stay far away from Memorex, Princo, Ritek, regular Maxell, Fuji, etc. that are not made in Japan.
    b) Click this and read FULLY (because the same advice applies)
    c) Do you have Musicmatch Jukebox on your system? If so, click this
    d) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, drag to disc, DLA, etc.)
    e) Click this and read
    f) Do steps 3 and 4 from here (note that step 4 requires you to post information, and this step could be the most helpful in getting your situation resolved)

3. peachytraz

peachytraz New Member

Thanks for the help honey, shall give it a try, have just changed to maxell so bet it's that, not sure how to do the other stuff only a novice really!! Thanks anyway

4. Webslinger

Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden Premiums then

But posting your filter information could help a lot

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  5. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

6. Webslinger

Just a nice/friendly expression, I'm sure . . .

7. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

I know, but it struck me as odd. I seriously laughed in real life. :clap: