• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup is burned but doesn't verify. (Vista SP1)

aea414

I am using Anydvd 6.4.0.4.

I used to use DVD shrink 3.2.0.15 w/ anydvd and use nero to burn through DVDshrink, no problems, made many backups.

I have started to use AnyDVD's "Rip DVD to hard drive" since there are so many DVD that now require this.

Once Anydvd is finished(no errors) I would use DVDshrink to make a image file.

Finally I have used CloneDVD(trial), Imgburn, and DVDecrypter all to burn to the disk.

All programs have BURNED fine but when using imgburn to verify the disk against my HDD copy i get errors.
I went back to the way I was doing it before and I am still getting error when verifying.

Media: Phillips DVD+R Lightscribe, Media Code: CMC MAG.M01.8

I know these are not the best media but play back seems to be fine(no hicups from what I have seen) And this is from multiple original disk, and different spindles of the Blank media.
Maybe I was just lucky but I have backed almost all of my families DVD collection(100+) dvds w/ this media(bought from supermediastore.com and allmediaoutlet.com), this time I bought from http://www.meritline.com/

Please let me know if I need to provide any additional information or error log files.

Using Vista Ultimate SP1.

I have to go to class, but I will see if I get verification errors w/ cloneDVD(Trial) and AnyDVD (6.4.0.6 beta) w/ clonedvd shrinking and burning.

Last edited:
I have to go to class, but I will see if I get verification errors w/ cloneDVD(Trial) and AnyDVD (6.4.0.6 beta) w/ clonedvd shrinking and burning.

Besides the fact that you're using inferior quality blank media that should be avoided, Anydvd needs to be disabled when verifying burns. Imgburn should give some sort of warning for that reason if it detects Anydvd.

But when verifying burns Anydvd should be disabled.

Besides the fact that you're using inferior quality blank media that should be avoided, Anydvd needs to be disabled when verifying burns. Imgburn should give some sort of warning for that reason if it detects Anydvd.

But when verifying burns Anydvd should be disabled.

Sorry for got to mention that, yes I disable it as Imgburn and DVDecrypter suggests.

Clonedvd does not have a verification function.

Verification after burning really has nothing to do with Anydvd.

It's an issue between your blank media, your burner, and the program you're using to verify with. Either you burned properly--or you didn't (and Anydvd doesn't burn).

1. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible. If you don't know how to go about doing this, please read this post.

2. Use good quality blank media. Try Verbatim, Maxell Broadcast Quality, Maxell Plus series, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), etc (not Memorex, not generic Maxell, not Princo, not TDK from Costco, not Fuji, and not Ritek). If you're going to make a double layer backup use Verbatim + R DL media (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x

If you use junk blank media, then you should expect problems.

3. Try burning at half the rated speed of the blank media that you're using.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put an original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
Is this quality media?
Verbatim (95339) 16X DVD-R 4.7GB LightScribe

it is about $.10 per disk more than what I am currently paying (and I won't be out of the phllip media for a while, just got a new order 2 weeks ago) but for quality burns, i am willing to pay for it.

Is this quality media?
Verbatim (95339) 16X DVD-R 4.7GB LightScribe

Yes, but do you have a lightscribe burner? If you don't, there's not much point in buying lightscribe blank media.

Yes, but do you have a lightscribe burner? If you don't, there's not much point in buying lightscribe blank media.

Yeah I, do, but i know you have to ask since some people think it will just "work" with regular burners.
I like how I can put the picture/title of my movies on the DVD, like an ink jet label but simpler for me.
Samsung SH-S183L for writing.
Samsung SH-M522C for reading.(can't write)

On the firmware side, for the 183L, I have up to SB02, but SB03 WON'T install for some reason. It doesn't identify my firmware version so it won't update to the newer version.

I'm not terribly fond of Samsung burners, with the exception of the Samsung SH-S203 series (which I do own).
In my opinion, that series was the first decent series of Samsung dvd writers that Samsung produced.

Anyway, that's not good that you can't upgrade the burner's firmware.

You may want to try disabling Anydvd, and try again.

If it's impossible for you to update, that may be indicative of a drive that's failing. You may also want to contact Samsung for troubleshooting help: 1-888-987-HELP(4357)

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but an Anydvd update is available as well: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6407.exe

Also, if you're using imgburn to burn, it would probably be best to post in imgburn's forums with respect to asking for help with the verification feature:
click http://forum.imgburn.com/

Last edited:
Okay thanks for the information, I will look in to those.

EDIT-(I know this might go beyond this forum, and if so I understand)
Is there a "sure fire" way to check if it is dieing because it is also giving me trouble with make Lightscribe label saying "an update is required to use lightscribe check for an update" I then checked and my LS was out of date but I now have the newest version of it still says out of date, even with restarts. Possibly related?

Edit Edit- After a little googling I found out that Samsung in their infinite wisdom, decided that I should extract an *.exe, WITHOUT mentioning in any documentation, AFTER I had to extract the files from a *.zip(lame Samsung). Firmware is up to date, this fixed my problem with lightscribe as well.

I will see if this also fixes my verification errors. "I'll be back"

Thanks for the help so far.

Does anyone know if meritline.com will take back a partial order (ordered 100, 4x25pack) 50 still sealed and have another 25 pack but unsealed, one that is less than atleast 10 down from 25) So I can get my self some QUALITY Verbatim media?

Last edited:
Just wanted to follow up and see what your thoughts are on Verbatim (95091), I am not sure if I can post links here, but newegg is having a deal (.46-.47 per disc) and I placed and order for a 30 pack. (possibly getting more, if you think they are good)

I have been really busy lately but I will test to see if my firmware update helpped with the verifying errors or not later this week.

Just wanted to follow up and see what your thoughts are on Verbatim (95091), I am not sure if I can post links here

Links to blank media are fine as long as I'm not dealing with blatant spam advertising.

but newegg is having a deal (.46-.47 per disc) and I placed and order for a 30 pack. (possibly getting more, if you think they are good)

I don't live in the U.S., and I have never shopped at newegg. However, those discs are probably fine. I do not suggest buying tons, especially if you find there's some sort of incompatibility between those discs and the devices you use. It's always best to start small, test, and then buy a lot.

Back