• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backing Up Profiles

TCBW

I am in the process of setting up profiles for all my games. Some of them have taken a while to get a working profile. I would like to back up these profiles so that I don't have to go through this again. What should I back up.

When I installed GameJack I did not set the property to save game prfiles in My Documents.

Thanks

Backup your "Profile Library" folder

On their own though the profiles are useless you also need to copy down your profile-key which can be found under the 'tools' section inside Game Jackal... Then when you reinstall make sure you use that key otherwise your profiles are useless...

Last edited:
Thanks

I think you need to back up the contents of "Whatever your installation path is...\Profile Maps\Collections" folder.

Will this also recreate the icons in the Game Jackal window.

PS thanks for the info. I had picked up on the key issue from reading about there attempts to prevent piracy.

I'm not sure... at the moment I've just got one game profiled... so I'll back up that folder uninstall Game Jackal, reinstall, see what happens and post my findings...

If you have the maplom.lib file, then yes, it should provide you with all the GJ icons. This is the file that stores all the profile info, including icon data. Take everything from the "Profile Library" directory (I don't think you need the "Profile Maps" directory but better safe than sorry I suppose), and as has been said, make sure you note down the profile key, or all those profiles will be useless.

Yes Loonie is correct and I was wrong... I backed up everything in the game jackal directory... uninstalled reinstalled etc...

All you need is the contents of the "Profile Library" folder to ensure that your profiles are safe... So back that up and then you'll be set to go (This definitely restores the icon)... Thanks Loonie :)

I will edit out my other posts so as not to give anyone the wrong information...

Back