Backing up "Oldboy"

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by roofrabbit, Feb 23, 2008.

1. roofrabbit

roofrabbit Member

Attempting to back up DVD "Oldboy" using "Rip DVD to Hard Disk". Ripping begins with message "Repairing Defective DVD Structure." At 43% completion, error message appears: "IFO Properties 6."

Attached is the log file.

Is this a damaged disk or some kind of property protection?

Attached Files:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. There's only CSS on this disc. Nothing special

What color is the bottom of the disc?

Wow, you've got a lot of filters gumming up your system. I'm amazed it reads anything.

You have some packet writing junk on your system that needs to be removed.
    Roxio/Sonic's Drag-to-disc should definitely be uninstalled. Packet writing software interferes with a lot of other software, not just Slysoft's If you need drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

B's Recorder Gold . . . I'm not positive about whether this filter may cause issues, but it's possible.

Used by Pinnacle Studio 9 by Pinnacle systems or VOB Computersysteme GMBH. I believe James is not fond of that filter.

I've never seen this before. I don't know if can cause conflicts, but it might.

More Sonic packet writing junk

Uninstall the software that installed those filters, and ensure the filters I listed no longer appear in your registry. If you can't figure out how to do that, then

i) Create a backup of your registry
    ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter. select "CDR4_XP". Click "remove selected filter". Select "cdrbsdrv ". Click "remove selected filter". select "ASAPIW2k. Click "remove selected filter". Select "hpcd2k". Click "remove selected filter".
    Click "ok".
    iv) Reboot

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  3. Uglyinthemornin'

Uglyinthemornin' Active Member

I backed Up This great Asian Flick :rock: like three months ago.

It burned flawless, your copy may just be bad.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008