• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backing-up "Jungle Book" from Disney (weird stuff...)

T-F

Hello-

I am trying to back-up Disney's Jungle Book, but I am running into an issue I haven't seen before.

Here is how I tried to back it up:
* Installed latest version of AnyDVD 6.1.1.4
* Insert Jungle Book DVD
* AnyDVD reports no CSS, bad sectors, etc. (odd I think)
* Via Explorer, copied the VIDEO_TS folder to my system
* Closed AnyDVD
* I can play back the VOBs just fine

Issue
* When I go to convert the VOB to WMV, I get a white screen every ~3 seconds and then the video returns. It almost reminds me of VHS macrovision but is this possible on a DVD?
* I tried ripping this DVD via AnyDVDs ripping option but I get the same outcome.

Any ideas on how to get this working? Thanks!

Could you post the contents of the Status window please?

I backed this movie up when anydvd was in version 5 series just so you know. It can be backed up. Sounds like you're having a clonedvd mobile problem more than anydvd.

Could you post the contents of the Status window please?

Here is the AnyDVD status info:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-840S 1.11 509090KME2033340525
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2249776 sectors (4394 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE JUNGLE BOOK
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

That would be a copied disc you're attempting to copy, not an original.

Yep

I backed this movie up when anydvd was in version 5 series just so you know. It can be backed up. Sounds like you're having a clonedvd mobile problem more than anydvd.

I have to agree - this DVD is a few years old. I was expecting this to be a no-brainer :doh:

That would be a copied disc you're attempting to copy, not an original.

Next step - ping the seller at Amazon who sold this as "brand new/sealed"...

The DVD artwork looks alittle faded - not something Disney would produce...

:policeman:

Next step - ping the seller at Amazon who sold this as "brand new/sealed"...

The DVD artwork looks alittle faded - not something Disney would produce...

:policeman:

THAT really sucks. I wish you luck on that one. That's definitely not an original disc, though. In your AnyDVD window it shows as single layer with no protection. I guarantee the original is not sold like that. Ugh...sounds like you got royally screwed.

If I remember right my jungle book dvd was only single layer as well????

If I remember right my jungle book dvd was only single layer as well????

Even if it is, and there are quite a few single layer movies out there, it would have region coding and CSS. This is Disney, after all, the heavy users of RipGuard for their new stuff.

Even if it is, and there are quite a few single layer movies out there, it would have region coding and CSS. This is Disney, after all, the heavy users of RipGuard for their new stuff.

Until I get an "official" Disney copy of the DVD, can anyone suggest what I can do to alleviate the white screen that appears every few seconds when I convert the VOB to WMV?

Its really strange because the VOB has no protection on it - I would think that converting it would be a breeze. I'm definitely in new territory here... :bowdown:

Until I get an "official" Disney copy of the DVD, can anyone suggest what I can do to alleviate the white screen that appears every few seconds when I convert the VOB to WMV?

Its really strange because the VOB has no protection on it - I would think that converting it would be a breeze. I'm definitely in new territory here... :bowdown:

Not a clue on that one I'm afraid. I don't do much in the way of converting DVDs to other formats. Definitely not my area of expertise at all. I defer this one to someone with more experience. You're sure you can read the VOBs just fine? What are you using to convert them to WMV?

Not a clue on that one I'm afraid. I don't do much in the way of converting DVDs to other formats. Definitely not my area of expertise at all. I defer this one to someone with more experience. You're sure you can read the VOBs just fine? What are you using to convert them to WMV?

I used AnyDVD and Windows Explorer to copy over the VIDEO_TS folder. Everything plays fine in that format. I believe I can back-up the DVD to another DVD without any issues.

I like to back-up DVDs to WMV format so they can be easily played on my Media Center. I am using Video Cleaner Pro (http://www.riverpast.com) for the conversion (this is the first conversion I have had any issue with).

I am going to try converting the VOB to other formats and contact RiverPast as well to see if they have any suggestions for their product.

I wonder whatever is keeping the conversion from working could be used as a copy protection mechanism in the future... :D

Thanks for the quick replies!

I used AnyDVD and Windows Explorer to copy over the VIDEO_TS folder. Everything plays fine in that format. I believe I can back-up the DVD to another DVD without any issues.

I like to back-up DVDs to WMV format so they can be easily played on my Media Center. I am using Video Cleaner Pro (http://www.riverpast.com) for the conversion (this is the first conversion I have had any issue with).

I am going to try converting the VOB to other formats and contact RiverPast as well to see if they have any suggestions for their product.

I wonder whatever is keeping the conversion from working could be used as a copy protection mechanism in the future... :D

Thanks for the quick replies!

I don't know anything at all about their software, but, one other thought hit me that might intrigue you. :) DVD Decrypter has stream processing(the sole reason I keep it around on my machine). Theoretically you could rip the disc with DVD Decrypter in stream processing mode and get a giant vob or an mpeg2 video and ac3 audio file. I'm not sure if your software could deal with those, but, it might not hurt to try it if you're still stuck.

I don't know anything at all about their software, but, one other thought hit me that might intrigue you. :) DVD Decrypter has stream processing(the sole reason I keep it around on my machine). Theoretically you could rip the disc with DVD Decrypter in stream processing mode and get a giant vob or an mpeg2 video and ac3 audio file. I'm not sure if your software could deal with those, but, it might not hurt to try it if you're still stuck.

Great idea - I will definitely give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Great idea - I will definitely give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Yes! Adding DVD Decrypter into the mix resolved the "white-outs" I was seeing when coverting into WMV!

Many thanks! I definitely would not have got this done without everyone's help! :clap:

Yes! Adding DVD Decrypter into the mix resolved the "white-outs" I was seeing when coverting into WMV!

Many thanks! I definitely would not have got this done without everyone's help! :clap:

Sweet! I'm glad it worked!!

I have found I must use a DVD Drive WITHOUT a burner to access many Disney titles. Especially the new Jungle Book! It DID disable a burner equipped drive and cause a reboot situation! J. R.

Back