• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backing up game CD/DVDs

Ethrex

Hi, I am trying to take all of my game discs and back them up (like an ISO) and put the backup on my NAS so I can throw the boxes/CDs away. I could simply use ImgBurn or something to rip some discs, but many leverage DRM techniques which prevent ImgBurn from correctly ripping (one example is Battlefield: Vietnam). I don't really care about creating an environment where I can point and click to run a game - I want to be able to mount it to a virtual drive and be able to install it.

Will Game Jackal allow me to back up my discs? I tried but I didn't get very far. For example I started by testing with an old World of Warcraft disc and I quickly realized that it wanted me to have the game already installed so I could select the installed executable (I haven't had WoW installed in years), then insert the disc and start the game. I see the problem it is trying to solve -- remove the dependency of discs on an installed game. But is there a way to also back up the entire game disc for later installation?

Thanks

For anybody who reads this in the future and is trying to do the same thing I am -- the product you are looking for is CloneCD. It has a feature to back up protected game CDs onto CCD files and then you can use Virtual CloneDrive to mount them. It is exactly what I was looking for.

HI is this just for PC games or will it work with X box games?
I want to back up the X box game CD's so the original CD doesn't get damaged ETC.

would I Back up the CD using cloneDVD2 and then the virtual drive to play the game?
Thanks

Back