• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backing up DVDRom features

PHANTOM1939

I'm going to ask a question that has been stumping me for over a year. A lot of DVD's have dvd rom games and features on them, eg: Harry Potter, Disney movies, etc. I can never access these on my backups. I always have to pull out the original disc. Is there a way to copy these using ANYDVD and DVD Clone2? or do I have to use something else. I hope you can help me with this. Thanx, Pops

Hi :)
CloneCD as well as retaining original layer break, will copy those DVDRom features.

Correct, however, if you have been compressing DL originals to SL media, via CloneDVD, you can't do that with CloneCD because it is not a compression transcoder software. The movies you named (Harry Potter, Disney movies, etc) are DL originals. You have to burn DL originals to DL Verbatim media if you use CloneCD.

CloneDVD is designed only to recognize true video title sets. It ignores anything else, such as ROM features. CloneCD copies all elements of an original over onto your backup.

Whisperer

Thanx guys...I guess I'm trying something impossible. I've been backing up my discs for over a year now and other than the ROM features, I havn't had a disc NOT work in over 100 discs. I recieve the newest releases (that I want), about 1 or 2 days before the release date from Amazon.ca or Barnes & Noble. Most of my originals have never seen the inside of my DVD Player. I only use ANYDVD & CloneDVD2 and always update them. I've got a Sony DRU-820A burner and use the TDK Printable disc. And a Epsom R-260 Printer with disc print. I'm only getting about 1 in 80 discs that are coasters. I know nowbody likes TDK, but they work for me. and if it ain't broke, I don't fix it. Thanx again guys, this oldtimer always appreciates help.... Till later....Pops

Back