• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Babylon 5 The Lost Tales crashes 8.6.4.0

kdx7214

I've uploaded a bug report dump on this, but thought I should post it here. On disk insertion AnyDVD crashes.

I've uploaded a bug report dump on this, but thought I should post it here. On disk insertion AnyDVD crashes.
@kdx7214 I think it doesn't hurt to throw a screenshot with a message about the crash

I can say the ancient version of AD that was released previously when the DVD first came out like 15 years ago handled it correctly.

Always? Does the disc play on yor PC?

Always? Does the disc play on yor PC?

No clue, I don't have a way to play it due to protection. AnyDVD won't load it. It does play on a DVD player just fine and there are no visible problems with the physical media.

The disk plays fine with MPC-HC on both this and another computer. AnyDVD just won't read it.

Edit: Just tried MakeMKV and it works as well.

My copy of B5 Lost Tales gets processed by AnyDVD without crashing, though it takes a longer time to do its magic than I remember when I first bought and ripped the DVD. It also makes "a lot" of noise as the drive's laser seeks back and forth. I don't remember the disc making this much noise before.

Maybe an empty drive log might be helpful?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_F_BABYLON_5_LOST_TALES.ziplog
    143.3 KB · Views: 0
My copy of B5 Lost Tales gets processed by AnyDVD without crashing, though it takes a longer time to do its magic than I remember when I first bought and ripped the DVD. It also makes "a lot" of noise as the drive's laser seeks back and forth. I don't remember the disc making this much noise before.

Maybe an empty drive log might be helpful?

I'm not sure what an empty drive log is or how to make one lol

I'm not sure what an empty drive log is or how to make one lol
as far as I know, an empty logfile is not good for anything :D and it is usually created when the user does not insert a disk and clicks create log

There two different types of log files that don't need a disc in the drive when AnyDVD is running, log files that can provide useful system information for the devs.

1. The "empty drive" log file(s): With no disc in your drive(s) right-click the Red Fox icon in the system area and select "Create Logfile..." Depending on the number of optical drives in your system there may be more than one log file created. On this particular PC I use for ripping DVDs I get 3 "empty drive" log files created. 2 for physical drives and one for the single Virtual CloneDrive I have active.

2. Start menu: "AnyDVD System Information" creates a single log file that gives system information about drivers, etc.

Unfortunately the dump file does not reaveal anything useful. I assume other discs work fine? Does AnyDVD *always* crash if you insert the Babylon disc? Can you uncheck "copy protection based on read errors" and try again?

Unfortunately the dump file does not reaveal anything useful. I assume other discs work fine? Does AnyDVD *always* crash if you insert the Babylon disc? Can you uncheck "copy protection based on read errors" and try again?

AnyDVD works fine on everything else, so I assume the software is fine. It does always crash when I insert this disc. I tried unchecking the "copy protection base on read errors" and found no difference. This isn't a huge deal now that I've got it ripped with MakeMKV, but it's still something good to know.

Back