• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Babylon 5 CSS protection

frmanus

Trying to copy my disc of Babylon 5 Season 3 Disk 2 with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I get a message after AnyDVD has scanned the disc that "Media is CSS protected", I have run it with all features checked, changed the region to 7 and 8, then changed the DVD drive to region 1 and still get the message. Then CloneDVD tells me it cannot copy CSS protected material.
When I right click the Red Fox on my task bar or screen I get none of the menus/options mentioned in posts. Is there another way to get the log file?
All of the other DVD's in the Babylon series copied and have CSS codes - this disc did not, I have cleaned the disc, tried it at different times, all with the same result.
This is the status page from AnyDVD:

Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed RCE protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Video Standard: NTSCMedia is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4!
Media is CSS protected!
Video DVD (or CD) label: BABYLON5_SEASON3_DISC2
Total size: 4012960 sectors (7837 MBytes)
Size of first Layer: 2006480 sectors (3918 MBytes)
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Media is a DVD.
Current profile: DVD-ROMDrive
(Hardware)Region: 1
ATAPI IHAS224B GL0A 2011/05/12 13:37
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 7.6.6.0, BDPHash.bin 15-08-10)

Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.6.0_Info_D_BABYLON5_SEASON3_DISC2.ziplog
    115 KB · Views: 3
That's a copy paste of the status window, not an anydvd logfile as the stickies request.

Please read sticky called 'read before you post' and provide the logfile, without it we can't help you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Please copy over the Video_TS folder of the DVD to the hard drive (with AnyDVD running in the background), then copy that Video_TS folder on the hard drive instead of the one on the DVD with CloneDVD.

Given the structural copy protection on that disk - it might be better to use the built in AnyDVD ripper to rip that disk to Folder (not ISO).
Then import that ripped folder into CloneDVD as Chris suggested.
Using Windows to copy the Video_TS folder with AnyDVD in the background won't fix the structural issues that disk claims to have.

-W

Ok figured out how to get log file
Given the structural copy protection on that disk - it might be better to use the built in AnyDVD ripper to rip that disk to Folder (not ISO).
Then import that ripped folder into CloneDVD as Chris suggested.
Using Windows to copy the Video_TS folder with AnyDVD in the background won't fix the structural issues that disk claims to have.

-W
Tried and get message Drive D: is not ready, AnyDVD scanned and posted report, checked settings and drive is selected, tried aggressive I/o mode, no joy so far.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.6.0_Info_D_BABYLON5_SEASON3_DISC2.ziplog
    115 KB · Views: 4
You tried to use AnyDVD itself to rip the disk?? (not with CloneDVD or anything else)
You right click the little fox in the tray to do that..
-W

You tried to use AnyDVD itself to rip the disk?? (not with CloneDVD or anything else)
You right click the little fox in the tray to do that..
-W
I finally figured out the fox and clicked it, but the copy to folder gave a message the DVD player was not available.

That's because you used it to try and burn, Anydvd can't burn. What clams suggested was to use the Anydvd ripper (rightclick => rip video dvd to hard disc), and rip the DVD to hard drive first! Don't select your burner, then load that ripped folder into CloneDVD as the source instead of the physical disc

Trying to copy my disc of Babylon 5 Season 3 Disk 2 with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I get a message after AnyDVD has scanned the disc that "Media is CSS protected", I have run it with all features checked, changed the region to 7 and 8, then changed the DVD drive to region 1 and still get the message. Then CloneDVD tells me it cannot copy CSS protected material.
When I right click the Red Fox on my task bar or screen I get none of the menus/options mentioned in posts. Is there another way to get the log file?
All of the other DVD's in the Babylon series copied and have CSS codes - this disc did not, I have cleaned the disc, tried it at different times, all with the same result.
This is the status page from AnyDVD:

Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed RCE protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Video Standard: NTSCMedia is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4!
Media is CSS protected!
Video DVD (or CD) label: BABYLON5_SEASON3_DISC2
Total size: 4012960 sectors (7837 MBytes)
Size of first Layer: 2006480 sectors (3918 MBytes)
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Media is a DVD.
Current profile: DVD-ROMDrive
(Hardware)Region: 1
ATAPI IHAS224B GL0A 2011/05/12 13:37
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 7.6.6.0, BDPHash.bin 15-08-10)

Thank you for any help.
Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. Sorry.

I finally figured out the fox and clicked it, but the copy to folder gave a message the DVD player was not available.

I trust you meant that the drive was not available? Correct?
-W
PS - See what James said.....

Back