• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Baby Driver DVD won't crack

furyous68

Keep getting notification that "AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc! AnyDVD will guess the correct CSS Key, but it is possible that one or more titles on this disc will not play correctly"

I tried the latest beta... log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.0_Info_D_BABY_DRIVER.ziplog
    173.6 KB · Views: 3
Did you try exiting out of AnyDVD and setting the region on your drive?
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GHB0N JE01 L119401 KR5E7395407
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

You read the first part of the message. Keep reading to the end. I suspect it will tell you to set your drive's region if you want to avoid that message in the future.

1) Exit AnyDVD (right click on tray icon and quit)

2) Go into your device manager and set your drive's region

3) Restart AnyDVD and see if it works.

Please note, if AnyDVD is running when your set your drive's region nothing will change.

Hope that helps!

Well... now I feel stupid. I read the rest of the message... but I thought: How could my drive not be set to the right region?

LOL... thanks guys, that fixed it.

What is the DVD region code setting in AnyDVD itself for?
Is this to tell AnyDVD what DVD-region code had been set for the optical drive?
I always the set DVD-"region-code" in AnyDVD to the same region as which was set for the DVD-drive in Device manager while AnyDVD was closed.

Does this matter to tell AnyDVD explicitely the same setting?
I haven't tested yet using another setting. Well this works perfectly with all my same region drives anyways.

If it should matter, what if I had several optical disc drives with different region codes set via device manager (while AnyDVD was closed), but some of them had already five changes behind,
can I still use several of those optical disc drives silmutaniously for ripping DVDs (and also with different DVD-discs with different regions (at the same time) with AnyDVD?

The issue is there is "only" one general DVD region code "setting"/emulation-setting in AnyDVD or how to call it, but not an extra DVD "region code" or "emulation region code" or how to call it, -"override" setting for each specific DVD/BD-drive in AnyDVD.

Last edited:
As I understand it AnyDVD does not care at all which region the actual drive is set to as long as it is not left as zero or unset.

If I'm correct, this whole conversation is about an DVD, not a Blu-ray, so this thread should be moved to the regular DVD section.

:)

Set the drive for the region you are IN (or use most).
AnyDVD will not have to "brute force" crack CSS keys for that region.
With the region unset, it has to "brute force" crack ALL regions.
-W

Last edited:
Since there is already a thread about this, I will add to it. I get the same pop up on every DVD ever since "upgrading" to the RedFox version of AnyDVD. Have lifetime sub. I have checked my drives and they are already set to region 1. Logfile attached.

<edit> I see the log file says the region is not set, but under device manager it is set (with 4 changes left).

<edit 2> Ok, so I went to the drive in device manager and tried to change it to region 1 again. Oddly (or not), it changed it to not set and indicated I had 5 changes remaining. So I set it back to 1 again and now it appears to be working. I did another log file and it shows it set to region 1. Go figure.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_PASSENGERS_2016.ziplog
    145.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Since there is already a thread about this, I will add to it. I get the same pop up on every DVD ever since "upgrading" to the RedFox version of AnyDVD. Have lifetime sub. I have checked my drives and they are already set to region 1. Logfile attached.

<edit> I see the log file says the region is not set, but under device manager it is set.
Exit AnyDVD and check again with device manager.

Exit AnyDVD and check again with device manager.

I had done that. As I said, device manager showed it set to region 1. It had always worked with the original AnyDVD. What puzzled me is that when I set it to region 1 again, it actually set it to no region and put the number of changes left back to 5 (from 4). Setting it to region 1 again after that put it back the way it originally was (with 4 changes left), but then it worked. Perhaps Windows (7) had the region set in software or something. Just seemed odd that I never had a problem with anything until I "upgraded" from my old lifetime AnyDVD that I had used for many years to this one.

I had done that. As I said, device manager showed it set to region 1. It had always worked with the original AnyDVD. What puzzled me is that when I set it to region 1 again, it actually set it to no region and put the number of changes left back to 5 (from 4). Setting it to region 1 again after that put it back the way it originally was (with 4 changes left), but then it worked. Perhaps Windows (7) had the region set in software or something. Just seemed odd that I never had a problem with anything until I "upgraded" from my old lifetime AnyDVD that I had used for many years to this one.
Maybe AnyDVD hangs on exit. Try to disable AnyDVD (don't exit it). Notification icon will turn grey. If it still doesn't work, keep AnyDVD disabled and reboot.

Maybe AnyDVD hangs on exit. Try to disable AnyDVD (don't exit it). Notification icon will turn grey. If it still doesn't work, keep AnyDVD disabled and reboot.

FWIW, I do not have AnyDVD set to auto start. The region in device manager has always said region 1. But maybe the drive was not really set "properly", hence when I tried to set it to region 1 again, it switching back to no region. Then maybe the second time I set it, it did set it correctly. This is a portable Samsung drive that I never "forced" a region on. It said region 1 since the day I got it. That is why when I got the pop up I was puzzled, because it was set to region 1. I did a search here and found this thread. Then when I looked at the log file I saw the discrepancy with AnyDVD saying no region was set.

In any case, all seems to be good now.

Back