AVP Requiem Blu-ray won't read at all...

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by DVD Mansion, Apr 8, 2008.

1. DVD Mansion

DVD Mansion Beta Tester

I have 3 sepeate LG Blu-ray drives 1 GBW-H10N and 2 LG H20L and all 3 will not read the disc. It's the only disc they won't read but the disc plays fine on 2 stand alone players, ARGH!

Anyone know if these drives need a firmware update & if anyone has updated the firmware on them please provide a link I can't find it anywhere.

The dvd is not out till the 15th of April so I won't even ask if anyone has eperienced the same problem but if in case there is someone out there please chime in.

Cheers
    Chris
    DVD Mansion

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I believe the disc can be read, but AnyDVD crashes while removing BD+. Try to disable BD+ removal temporarily.

3. DVD Mansion

DVD Mansion Beta Tester

Ok that worked thx, now the question is, once ripped will it play back fine or will it stutter again since we dissabled the BD+? If it can't be played then what other fix exists?

TIA
    Chris
    DVD Mansion

4. James

At this moment, there is no fix. This only proves, that the discs aren't defective. We'll fix this around the end of April (estimated).

EDIT: Unless you are willing to put all the .svm files in the BDSVM directory on a file server for us to download. Probably 60-80 MBytes in size. A little large for an email.

5. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

No, it won't be playable. What is required is patience for them to release a fix. I'm sure they're working on it. A new version of AnyDVD will be required to fix this. And no, playing it back with an old version of PowerDVD won't work. The new BD+ code disallowed BD+ code from executing without the presence of AACS which is removed when you rip it with AnyDVD active.

6. James

Not yet. We need the disc, or at least the .svm files.

7. SamuriHL

Maybe someone who has the disc can archive up the stuff you need and send it. The discs aren't even available to me until next week. I do plan on getting the AvP/AvP2 two pack though.

8. James

Send it... how? A little large for an email. But uploading it on a fileshare server would do.

9. SamuriHL

Yea, well, I didn't say it'd be easy. It looks like they're what, 60, 80 megs? Something like that? :D

10. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Well my AVP Requiem shipped so I should in theory get it any day now, so I could up any files you need when I receive it

11. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

If you got a disc with your drives there should be a firmware updater program on it, install it then let it go online and check for firmware updates. I've done it with over 20 LG Blu-ray writers so far

12. DVDJunkie

DVDJunkie Well-Known Member

It's not an issue with the drive, mine does the same thing. It's BD+ issue (turning off BD+ support stops the constant disc checking). With any luck the Slysoft team should have access to the files they require by now.

13. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I was just replying to his comment about getting the firmware for the drive

14. DVDJunkie

DVDJunkie Well-Known Member

Ah right, sorry.