• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVP: Requiem/Alvin nd the Cipmunks logfiles

with AnyDvd HD enabled but "exited" :

That's simply not possible. Please clarify.

If Anydvd is enabled, it's running (the fox icon on your toolbar is red).

If Anydvd is disabled the fox icon your toolbar is grey. (I would expect to see an AACS folder)

If you've exited Anydvd, no fox icon in your toolbar exists.

Last edited:
I don't have Alvin so I can't check it. I just wanted some more input. I'll check the rips that I do have to see if this has happened with them.

1. Exit Anydvd.

2. Mount the ISO. Then look at the disc structure.

3. Run and ensure Anydvd is enabled.

4. Look at the disc structure again.

5. Compare

6. Now repeat the process, but in step 1 instead of exiting Anydvd, disable Anydvd (right click red fox icon-->uncheck "enable Anydvd").

Last edited:
I'm not sure why that would be the case. When Anydvd is disabled, the driver should be disabled as well; nothing should be decrypted or touched.
That is what I am trying to clarify - it seems that "exiting" did NOT disable AnyDvd HD in this case (Alvin and the Chipmunks) as far as creating the ISO is concerned, because the SLY! folder is there.

attachment 1 = Original disc inserted with AnyDvd HD running but "disabled" - can't create logfile while disabled but screencap shows AACS folder present on disc with "grey" fox in taskbar.

attachment 2 = Mounted "protected" ISO logfile (created by CloneCD originally with AnyDvd HD "exited" but "enabled" before exiting - contains SLY! folder instead of AACS on mounted image).

attachment 3 = Original disc inserted logfile with AnyDvd HD enabled (shows SLY! folder as expected instead of AACS on disc).

So exiting before creating ISO does NOT seem to stop processing like disabling does.

Anyone from Slysoft care to comment?

This is not a big deal for me but as I have subscribed to SamuriHL's credo of creating "protected" ISO's to avoid the kind of glitch seen with Hitman, I would at least like to do it right - up to now I have been exiting AnyDvd and that no longer seems to work (a change to accommodate MKBv7 perhaps).

In the meantime I will recreate the ISO with CloneCD but this time with AnyDvd disabled - this should give a protected ISO with AACS folder instead of SLY! based on the above. Will post the results later.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_I_ALVIN_CHIPMUNKS_ISO.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_Info_L_ALVIN_CHIPMUNKS_Disc_AnyDvd_enabled.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 2
  • alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled003.jpg
    alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled003.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 4
Are you looking at the mounted ISO with or without Anydvd enabled?
Without AnyDvd enabled ithe supposedly protected ISO still shows the SLY! folder (see screencap).

attachment.php

Attachments

• alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled004.jpg
    alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled004.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 32
Without AnyDvd enabled ithe supposedly protected ISO still shows the SLY! folder (see screencap).

attachment.php

Thank you very much. I definitely don't have an answer for why that is happening.

I'll send peer a PM. Edit: PM sent.

Last edited:
Then why do I have the SLY! folder in the ISO instead of the AACS folder? :confused:
(Sorry, I did a bit of editing in the previous post, so you might want to reread it.)

It's possible, that some software was accessing the disc at the time you deactivated AnyDVD. Maybe a file handle was open at the time.

In that case, clearing of the filesystem cache may fail and even if AnyDVD is turned off, you might see "shadows" of the situation as it was before through the cache.

1. Exit Anydvd.

2. Mount the ISO. Then look at the disc structure.

3. Run and ensure Anydvd is enabled.

4. Look at the disc structure again.

5. Compare

6. Now repeat the process, but in step 1 instead of exiting Anydvd, disable Anydvd (right click red fox icon-->uncheck "enable Anydvd").
1, 2 done - result:
attachment.php

3,4 done - result:
attachment.php

5 - compare: = the same.
attachment.php

Continuing with creation of ISO with AnyDvd disabled (see earlier post). Just to make sure, I will recreate the first ISO with AnyDvd exited but enabled (even though I know I did that before, I will doublecheck).

Attachments

• alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled005.jpg
    alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled005.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 31
  • alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_enabled006.jpg
    alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_enabled006.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 31
  • alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_enabled007.jpg
    alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_enabled007.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 31
Continuing with creation of ISO with AnyDvd disabled (see earlier post). Just to make sure, I will recreate the first ISO with AnyDvd exited but enabled (even though I know I did that before, I will doublecheck).

Sorry. Don't bother. Please read what peer wrote. His explanation makes sense.

I found what you wrote very confusing, simply because in my (limited) testing I have never had that happen to me. My apologies

Last edited:
I don't have Alvin so I can't check it. I just wanted some more input. I'll check the rips that I do have to see if this has happened with them.

I checked all my encrypted ISOs and I don't see the SLY! folder in any of them. Profcolli must have forgotten to disable AnyDVD HD before doing the rip because the decrypted ISOs I have all have this folder. This is exactly the reason why I want to automate the process of disabling AnyDVD HD.

It's possible, that some software was accessing the disc at the time you deactivated AnyDVD. Maybe a file handle was open at the time.

In that case, clearing of the filesystem cache may fail and even if AnyDVD is turned off, you might see "shadows" of the situation as it was before through the cache.
1. Continuing with creation of ISO with AnyDvd disabled (see earlier post).
2. Just to make sure, I will recreate the ISO with AnyDvd exited but enabled (to doublecheck).

FYI, these are the running processes for 1. above (AnyDvd disabled):

attachment.php

Attachments

• alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled_iso002.jpg
    alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled_iso002.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 33
Profcolli must have forgotten to disable AnyDVD HD before doing the rip

No. He exited Anydvd (same thing, basically) before producing the ISO, which is fine as well. But that ISO does contain the Sly! folder. That situation can likely be attributed to what Peer wrote, and that situation is certainly not normal (I've created ISOs after exiting Anydvd; those ISOs did not contain the Sly! folder. Granted, I didn't create ISOs with 6.4.1.2, and I didn't try Alvin. But that shouldn't matter).

This is exactly the reason why I want to automate the process of disabling AnyDVD HD.

The Anytool that Drinklyeanddie linked to should help.

Last edited:
I checked all my encrypted ISOs and I don't see the SLY! folder in any of them. Profcolli must have forgotten to disable AnyDVD HD before doing the rip because the decrypted ISOs I have all have this folder. This is exactly the reason why I want to automate the process of disabling AnyDVD HD.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, neither do my previous ISO's show this folder instead of AACS. It started (or to be more exact, I first noticed it) with Alvin and the Chipmunks (first MKBv7 disk).

Although I know we can all make mistakes, I only ripped this yesterday and I have been very careful to follow the steps outlined by SamuriHL - insert disc with AnyDvd running to capture the key, disable AnyDvd (except what I was doing was EXITing instead, which is the point which needs clarification), then creating the ISO with CloneCD, and finally restarting AnyDvd. At this point, the ISO still shows all the protection (as you can see from my screenshots) BUT the AACS folder is replaced by SLY! in the disc structure, which means AnyDvd processed it during the ISO creation.

If I had forgotten to disable (or exit, which we have assumed to be the same thing) AnyDvd, then the mounted ISO would not show ANY protection.

This is the problem, and I will try the process again to see if Peer is right.

Sorry. Don't bother. Please read what peer wrote. His explanation makes sense.

I found what you wrote very confusing, simply because in my (limited) testing I have never had that happen to me. My apologies
Well, it was already in progress, and a good thing too!
The ISO created with AnyDvd disabled also shows the SLY! folder :confused:

attachment.php

Perhaps Peer can see if any of those running processes might be the cause, or how to avoid this?

Attachments

• alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled_iso004.jpg
    alvin_chipmunks_aacs_anydvd_disabled_iso004.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 33
If I had forgotten to disable (or exit, which we have assumed to be the same thing) AnyDvd, then the mounted ISO would not show ANY protection.

This is the problem, and I will try the process again to see if Peer is right.

I hope you're right! If the problem is real then it needs to be addressed. Good luck!

Well, it was already in progress, and a good thing too!
The ISO created with AnyDvd disabled also shows the SLY! folder :confused:

attachment.php

Perhaps Peer can see if any of those running processes might be the cause, or how to avoid this?

Wow. :confused:

It's as though Anydvd is constantly enabled no matter what on your system.

1. Do you happen to know if all rips you create exhibit this strange behaviour? Or is it only with Alvin?

2. StarwindserviceAE is the network sharing service, right, for Alcohol 120%? Out of curiosity, does disabling that have any effect? It really shouldn't. But . . .

Last edited:
I hope you're right! If the problem is real then it needs to be addressed. Good luck!

Have you created an .ISO with Anydvd 6.4.1.2 yet? I'm just wondering if anyone can reproduce profcolli's results.

Back