• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVP: Requiem/Alvin nd the Cipmunks logfiles

What would be the point, If you want an encrypted ISO then just turn off AnyDVD HD

Yea, that's what I'm saying, too. I don't see the real pressing need when you can just right click and disable it. Not everyone agrees that writing ISOs with protection still enabled is the best way to go and I appreciate their point of view. For those of us that do want to rip "unmolested" ISOs, well, we sacrifice by having to right click on the icon and selecting a menu option. :)

There is no point in doing encrypted isos.
All the protections are now cracked, there is nothing more to wait for.

Have you thought what will happen to your encrypted isos if slysoft goes out of business, remember the software needs the key from the online server, if that goes down your screwed.
It wouldnt be the first time movie companies bought out a decryption software company to shut them down.

Last edited:

Have you thought what will happen to your encrypted isos if slysoft goes out of business, remember the software needs the key from the online server, if that goes down your screwed.

It wouldnt be the first time movie companies bought out a decryption software company before.

Please don't spread FUD on this issue. The statement I highlighted is absolutely WRONG. It ONLY goes and gets a key if there is no key for it in the internal database. And guess what, you're just as screwed as I am if you need a key for an original disc you don't have and there is no more Slysoft server. Once you have the key, you can decrypt the title every time. I no more need an updated version of AnyDVD to decrypt my existing ISOs than you do to play your decrypted ones.

It wouldnt be the first time movie companies bought out a decryption software company to shut them down.

everyone has there own way of doing things alot of people prefer not to use anydvd hd while ripping and some do its your choice. just do what makes you comfortable i myself only use anydvd during playback .this saves time say if you back up a movie and theres not a key yet for that movie for example hitman alot of people backed this up and the bd+ was still present so it wouldnt work and you had to re-rip it unless you were one of the few who did not decrypt it during the ripping process. i was not one of these people, i learned the hard way and had to waste time and go back and do it again , but for now on thats not gonna happen anymore

What would be the point, If you want an encrypted ISO then just turn off AnyDVD HD

Yea, that's what I'm saying, too. I don't see the real pressing need when you can just right click and disable it. Not everyone agrees that writing ISOs with protection still enabled is the best way to go and I appreciate their point of view. For those of us that do want to rip "unmolested" ISOs, well, we sacrifice by having to right click on the icon and selecting a menu option. :)

I was confused by semantics, I assumed that 'turning off' meant exiting AnyDVD HD. 'Disabling' is much easier, however, I'd still like to automate it in case I have a brain f**t and forget to disable AnyDVD HD.

Please don't spread FUD on this issue. The statement I highlighted is absolutely WRONG. It ONLY goes and gets a key if there is no key for it in the internal database. And guess what, you're just as screwed as I am if you need a key for an original disc you don't have and there is no more Slysoft server. Once you have the key, you can decrypt the title every time. I no more need an updated version of AnyDVD to decrypt my existing ISOs than you do to play your decrypted ones.

Is there an easy way to backup and restore the internal AnyDVD HD database in the event you have to do a clean install of Windows?

I was confused by semantics, I assumed that 'turning off' meant exiting AnyDVD HD. 'Disabling' is much easier, however, I'd still like to automate it in case I have a brain f**t and forget to disable AnyDVD HD.

Off the top of my head:

Why not use a batch file which would use AnyTool to disable AnyDVD and then use ImgBurn to rip the image to the HDD.

AnyTool: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=6355&postcount=25.

Just make sure you read what James wrote.

Is there an easy way to backup and restore the internal AnyDVD HD database in the event you have to do a clean install of Windows?

No. Any keys that are found since a previous version is released is added to the next version. However, there's no way to backup the keys that are downloaded.

No. Any keys that are found since a previous version is released is added to the next version. However, there's no way to backup the keys that are downloaded.

That works, thx Samuri for the info.

Thx, just what I was looking for!

Just make sure to add something into the batch file to make it wait for at least 11 seconds after calling the AnyTool command before you have it tell ImgBurn to begin. AnyTool times out after 10 seconds so it shouldn't take longer if the process was successful which is why I'm saying to wait 11 seconds. :)

That works, thx Samuri for the info.

Any time. I just don't see this encrypted ISO issue as being overly difficult. For me, I can decrypt all my current titles with the existing version of AnyDVD that I have. Nothing the studios do can prevent me from doing that. If somehow they closed down Slysoft, I will still be able to decrypt all the titles I currently have. And as I said, those with new discs wouldn't be any better off than I am with my ISOs. So, I don't see this as being some big issue to worry about.

Just make sure to add something into the batch file to make it wait for at least 11 seconds after calling the AnyTool command before you have it tell ImgBurn to begin. AnyTool times out after 10 seconds so it shouldn't take longer if the process was successful which is why I'm saying to wait 11 seconds. :)

Just ripped Hitman and got an encrypted disc warning when I disabled AnyDVD HD before running ImgBurn. I exited ImgBurn and reenabled AnyDVD HD. When ImgBurn scanned the disc this time I did not get the warning. Then I disabled AnyDVD HD again and did the rip.

Should I be concerned about the warning or is it ok to ignore it and rip anyway? The reason I mention this is because it would be a problem if running from a script.

Just ripped Hitman and got an encrypted disc warning when I disabled AnyDVD HD before running ImgBurn. I exited ImgBurn and reenabled AnyDVD HD. When ImgBurn scanned the disc this time I did not get the warning. Then I disabled AnyDVD HD again and did the rip.

Should I be concerned about the warning or is it ok to ignore it and rip anyway? The reason I mention this is because it would be a problem if running from a script.

Turn off the warning in ImgBurn options. It's an unnecessary warning for what we do.

Now I'm confused as well. I assumed "turning off" meant exiting AnyDvd HD and that is what I have been doing (after inserting disc to update keys) before creating "protected" ISO with CloneCD.

Later mounting (with AnyDvd HD running and enabled) shows the ISO as "protected" because the AACS / BD+ etc. is "present" and removed.

SamuriHL (or SlySoft) - is "exiting" the same as "unchecking Enable AnyDvd" HD for this purpose? It seems to work although I now see that my Alvin and the Chipmunks (US) disc AACS folder is replaced by SLY! on the "protected" ISO created with AnyDvd HD enabled but "exited" (as it also is when I insert the original disc with AnyDvd HD running but "disabled").

I ripped other "protected" ISO (e.g. No Country for Old Men) with AnyDvd HD "exited" but NOT disabled and that shows the AACS folder when mounted.

Now I'm afraid to put the Alvin and the Chipmunks original disc back in my LG GGC-H20L f/w 1.02 drive without AnyDvd HD running :bang:

Last edited:
SamuriHL (or SlySoft) - is "exiting" the same as "unchecking Enable AnyDvd" HD for this purpose?

Exiting Anydvd and disabling Anydvd have the same effect (except exiting Anydvd drops Anydvdtray from your running processes).

Last edited:
Exiting Anydvd and disabling Anydvd have the same effect (except exiting Anydvd drops Anydvdtray from your running processes).
Then why do I have the SLY! folder in the ISO instead of the AACS folder? :confused:
(Sorry, I did a bit of editing in the previous post, so you might want to reread it.)

Then why do I have the SLY! folder in the ISO instead of the AACS folder? :confused:
(Sorry, I did a bit of editing in the previous post, so you might want to reread it.)

I'm not sure why that would be the case. When Anydvd is disabled, the driver should be disabled as well; nothing should be decrypted or touched.

Not directed at you profcolli.

No disrespect intended but some Slysoft input on this issue would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back