• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVP: Requiem/Alvin nd the Cipmunks logfiles

This sucks. I knew BD protection was bad, but this is mad. So I might not be able to decrypt I could before I used these new Fox titles? I really hate Fox and their insistence of adding even more protection to BD :bang:

Anyway, the discs do play back with PDVD Ultra and TMT. Don't own any of the others.

Webslinger,

We may need a new sticky post warning people of this situation. If people try to play these movies(and I say we need to make a list of known titles) AnyDVD will be boned on those drives.
Well, not really. AnyDVD will treat these drives as "Virtual CloneDrives". ;)

This sucks. I knew BD protection was bad, but this is mad. So I might not be able to decrypt I could before I used these new Fox titles? I really hate Fox and their insistence of adding even more protection to BD :bang:

Anyway, the discs do play back with PDVD Ultra and TMT. Don't own any of the others.
Good to know. Which PDVD Ultra Version?

Last edited:
Well, not really. AnyDVD will treat these drives as "Virtual CloneDrives". ;)

Right, but, if they play the discs without AnyDVD active as the OP has done, the host certificate on that drive will get revoked. So they will then be limited to known keys, correct?

Right, but, if they play the discs without AnyDVD active as the OP has done, the host certificate on that drive will get revoked. So they will then be limited to known keys, correct?

Correct. Until someone else puts the disc in his (unrevoked) drive and lets the AnyDVD update server decrypt it.

Webslinger,

We may need a new sticky post warning people of this situation. If people try to play these movies(and I say we need to make a list of known titles) AnyDVD will be boned on those drives.

*Yawn*

*Stretch*

*Uh, sorry, did you say something?*

;) :D

Okay, create a thread, and I will sticky it. :D

Last edited:
Correct. Until someone else puts the disc in his (unrevoked) drive and lets the AnyDVD update server decrypt it.

That's the situation I was referring to that people should perhaps be warned about. Not that I think it's a huge issue, but, for those that get discs early, this could pose to be an inconvenience for them.

Unless James doesn't want me to
I don't think there is urgent need (these discs aren't available to the public for the next weeks, the earliest is "Alvin & the Chipmunks" UK on April 14th. And I am confident that we have AnyDVD updated by this date).

@DVDJunkie
It was the UK version, wasn't it?

Last edited:
James, can you elaborate on the host certificate revokation crap a bit more? Specifically, if I put the disc in the drive, but, do not play it, and make an ISO of it, the drive won't get the new host certificate, right? It only happens during playback?

James, can you elaborate on the host certificate revokation crap a bit more? Specifically, if I put the disc in the drive, but, do not play it, and make an ISO of it, the drive won't get the new host certificate, right? It only happens during playback?

To be honest, I am not sure. Reading the AACS specs, it *shouldn't* update its revocation lists if you only insert the disc.
But I believe I have seen the XBOX360 drive revoke without playback, but I am not 100% sure (yes, I do have memory problems).

To be honest, I am not sure. Reading the AACS specs, it *shouldn't* update its revocation lists if you only insert the disc.
But I believe I have seen the XBOX360 drive revoke without playback, but I am not 100% sure (yes, I do have memory problems).

Crap! I thought it was a silly question, tbh, but since I didn't know I thought I'd ask. We should really find out more about that process cause if just reading the disc to, say, an ISO will cause revocation, that's bad.

Yep, all UK releases. I didn't think I had played them without AnyDVD present. I had the trial before we bought it. Maybe I did run them with AnyDVD disabled and forgot. It's a pain because I need to take caps from the discs for use in reviews, but we need the reviews before the street dates.

PowerDVD is ver 7.3.

Last edited:
Version 7?!?!? What the FRACK?! What the hell happened to 5 and 6??! :D
Maybe the same that happened to MKBv2? All sitting in a bar getting seriously drunk, arguing about their miserable lives and why in AACS heaven the were dismissed? ;)

Maybe the same that happened to MKBv2? All sitting in a bar getting seriously drunk, arguing about their miserable lives and why in AACS heaven the were dismissed? ;)

ROFLMAO! OK then. :) Well, we knew this was coming. I mean, we're LONG overdue at this point. I'm honestly surprised it took this long.

Yep, all UK releases. I didn't think I had played them without AnyDVD present. I had the trial before we bought it. Maybe I did run them with AnyDVD disabled and forgot. It's a pain because I need to take caps from the discs for use in reviews, but we need the reviews before the street dates.

PowerDVD is ver 7.3.
Thanks for the info, and sorry about your mishap. Did you insert any of the MKBv7 discs with an older AnyDVD version (< 6.4.0.7) active?
There was a bug in the revocation detection which I fixed in 6.4.0.7. Sorry.

Last edited:

According to spec the drive's MKB (containing the host revocation record) is only upgraded when authentication starts.

So if you only put a disc into the drive it should not update its list. But that's no guarantee.

According to spec the drive's MKB (containing the host revocation record) is only upgraded when authentication starts.

So if you only put a disc into the drive it should not update its list. But that's no guarantee.

Thanks for that info. I could always rip with the PS3 but that is a pain. I'd like to be able to simply create an ISO without having my drive updated.

Back