• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVI onto a DVD-R?

creeper6996

I'd like to put a .avi video clip onto a Verbatim DVD-R, 16x, and have it play on my DVD players. Anyone know how I can do it?

My software options are:

CloneDVDMobile
CloneDVD2
AnyDVD
DVD Decrypter
Shrink
Nero (not recode)
Roxio 6
1ClickDVDCopy 4.2

I'm thinking I need to convert first, then burn?

Converting AVI

I would also like to know how to convert AVI. I've tried using Nero Vision a few times and the audio and video get out of sync. The audio lags or leads by up to 3 seconds every time I try with nero. My Tmpeg Inc program won't even accept the files. Da, mpeg. ??? Anyone.:confused:

Both freeware or more like trial versions, then pay later? Do you have experience with either of them?

Both are freeware. They use HCEnc or QuEnc to reencode the video into DVD format, so the quality is very good at the expense of speed. I haven't really used TFM very much but Avi2DVD works well. No menu support in either one.

No problem at all. One last thing...for burning I recommend IMGBurn. Freeware written by the author of DVD Decrypter. It's a phenomenal burning package. Certainly CloneDVD or Nero could do the job, but, IMO IMGBurn is excellent.

I'll probably try all 3, now that I know it's even possible. I have a lot of work ahead of me, trying to get all these avi's onto DVD.

Good luck. Once upon a time I'd have recommended ConvertXToDVD...it makes this process super easy and gives a good balance between speed and quality. However, we've found GPL violations within the program which is VERY frustrating. So, we're forced to recommend freeware solutions that aren't quite as user friendly but don't violate license agreements. If you have any issues give a hollar and we'll try to help you out. My personal recommendation is for Avi2DVD as I found it to work rather well.

I tried the Avi2DVD and this is what I got.

AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for source xvid
(C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2DVD_temp\Avisynth_Script_File.avs, line 2)

And, I copied the log, here that is:

[10:09:45 PM] AVI2DVD Started !
[10:09:50 PM] Type mode : Avi Input
[10:09:50 PM] Output : Dvd
[10:09:50 PM] Encoder Selected : FreeEnc
[10:09:50 PM] Start demuxing the AudioStream No.1 ...
[10:10:26 PM] Demuxing of the selected audio finished successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\Extracted_Audio.mp3 95749728 Bytes]
[10:10:26 PM] Starts Audio correction ...
[10:13:34 PM] Audio Fixed successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\Fixed_Audio01.mp3 95749856 Bytes]
[10:13:34 PM] Starts Mp3->Ac3 convertion ...
[10:19:54 PM] Audio converted in Ac3 successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3 270604800 Bytes]
[10:19:54 PM] Start creating avisynth script ...
[10:19:54 PM] Avisynth script created successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\Avisynth_Script_File.avs 187 Bytes]
[10:19:55 PM] Bitrate used : 5966 Kbpps
[10:19:55 PM] Start video encoding ...
[10:22:16 PM] Video encoded successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\Encoded_Video.m2v -1 Bytes]
[10:22:16 PM] Job NOT Done. There are warnings ... Find at the log file the 0 byte generated file to focus where exactly the problem appears
[10:22:16 PM] All Jobs Done !!!

Convert AVI

:bowdown:Thanx for the info. I figured it was a program I didn't have. AVI2DVD,I'll check it out. And you say it's free. Cool.

Spudhair

I tried the Avi2DVD and this is what I got.

AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for source xvid
(C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2DVD_temp\Avisynth_ Script_File.avs, line 2)

And, I copied the log, here that is:

[10:09:45 PM] AVI2DVD Started !
[10:09:50 PM] Type mode : Avi Input
[10:09:50 PM] Output : Dvd
[10:09:50 PM] Encoder Selected : FreeEnc
[10:09:50 PM] Start demuxing the AudioStream No.1 ...
[10:10:26 PM] Demuxing of the selected audio finished successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\Extracted _Audio.mp3 95749728 Bytes]
[10:10:26 PM] Starts Audio correction ...
[10:13:34 PM] Audio Fixed successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\Fixed_Aud io01.mp3 95749856 Bytes]
[10:13:34 PM] Starts Mp3->Ac3 convertion ...
[10:19:54 PM] Audio converted in Ac3 successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\AudioStre am 1 MP3 2CH.ac3 270604800 Bytes]
[10:19:54 PM] Start creating avisynth script ...
[10:19:54 PM] Avisynth script created successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\Avisynth_ Script_File.avs 187 Bytes]
[10:19:55 PM] Bitrate used : 5966 Kbpps
[10:19:55 PM] Start video encoding ...
[10:22:16 PM] Video encoded successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Shared\Music\Avi2dvd_temp\Encoded_V ideo.m2v -1 Bytes]
[10:22:16 PM] Job NOT Done. There are warnings ... Find at the log file the 0 byte generated file to focus where exactly the problem appears
[10:22:16 PM] All Jobs Done !!!

Do you have the Xvid codec installed? I haven't used the app but perhaps you have to change a config setting to point to the installed codec?

If you haven't installed it you can get a copy here:
http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

It does require that the codec for the avi file be installed, yes. So, if it's an XVID, then the XVID codec must be properly installed before you try to convert it.

Between SamuriHL and deoren, you two rock, with the xvid, everything worked out GREAT. Thanks again.

try super dvd creator v9.3 it is not free but it works very well

Personally, I like to avoid all of these conversion techniques. They always distort the video and leave you with a gigantic VOB file that is of lesser quality than your AVI. As long as your AVI is DivX encoded, i would recommend buying a DivX compatible DVD player so that you can have your original AVI play on your DVD player without modifying it in any way. You can also fit many more video files on a single DVD this way. Don't invest your money in a conversion program, invest it in a DivX compatible DVD player. Most new DVD players are now DivX compatible and are not any more expensive than a normal one.

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth...

Back