• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

.AVI movie has no video, only audio in windows media player

foredogg

I converted a movie using the Archos 604 format, but when I open the movie in Windows Media Player to test it, there is no video. Does anyone know why CloneDVDmobile movies don't play in windows? I tried it using the iPod format and that plays fine in Quicktime. What's wrong with the .AVI format? What isn't that compatible?

Thanks

avi files are compatible with windows media player-on my laptop they are anyway.
try this:
right click the avi file>open with>windows media player (tick the 'always use the selected program to open this type of file' if it works)
or
open windows media player (11)>right click near top of player window>tools>options>files types. then click 'select all'.
hopefully that should work.

you might be missing the necessary video codec if it doesnt work.
have you got DivX installed on your computer?
installing DivX will give you the codec to play .avi files in windows media player.
http://www.divx.com/

Last edited:
Thanks mike20021969, looks like the DivX codec did the trick. I forgot to mention I'm using Vista and Media Player 11 so I couldn't find the Files and types to add all so I decided to just try the DivX link.

The codec even allowed me to open the video in my Video editor. Previously, as with Media Player, only the audio track would display.

Thanks!

If the AVI file was encoded with a non-Microsoft codec or with a codec not installed on your Windows, you will fail to play this kind of AVI video. For example, Fraps uses its own proprietary codec to encode its AVI movies which will not play in Windows Media Player.

In order to solve can't play AVI in Windows Media Player issue, a recommended solution is to convert AVI to Windows Media Player more compatible AVI, WMV, ASF, MPG. iDealshare VideoGo is just the ideal AVI to Windows Media Player which can convert all kinds of AVI files to Windows Media Player supported video format.

If the AVI file was encoded with a non-Microsoft codec or with a codec not installed on your Windows, you will fail to play this kind of AVI video. For example, Fraps uses its own proprietary codec to encode its AVI movies which will not play in Windows Media Player.

In order to solve can't play AVI in Windows Media Player issue, a recommended solution is to convert AVI to Windows Media Player more compatible AVI, WMV, ASF, MPG. iDealshare VideoGo is just the ideal AVI to Windows Media Player which can convert all kinds of AVI files to Windows Media Player supported video format.

Back