Avengers Endgame stops immediately with error ....

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by TomTiddler, Feb 7, 2020.

1. TomTiddler

TomTiddler Well-Known Member

I have an Intel Hades Canyon NUC, so there's an AMD Vega in there. I have Hardware acceleration selected (AMD) for both encode and decode. Fails immediately when attempting to generate a "Partial Copy", whether I select MPEG-2 or MKV output. Also tried reverting to 1.2.6.0, same result. CBDlog attached.

Should have added - seems to work with software selcted, but it's indicating 8 fps, so looking at 10+ hrs!!

Attached Files:

2. TomTiddler

For the record, on a slower machine but using Quicksync, it's working fine at 260 FPS.

Jaws_1 likes this.
  3. Jaws_1

Jaws_1 Well-Known Member

AMD has changed their interface for hardware de- / encoding. CloneBD is still working on the implementation. It's announced for the next beta. So- please use NVIDIA / Intel Quicksync in the meantime until then if you have the possibility.

4. TomTiddler

Thanx - as I suspected :)

The layout of my machines means accessing Quicksync is not quite as straightforward, but it's definitely no more than a "first-world" annoyance, I'll wait for the guys to fix it.

5. TomTiddler

Just so you know - 1.2.8.3 and 1.2.8.4 continue to fail instantly ( So far on Avengers Endgame, Yessongs, JoJo Rabbit - all on BD). 1.2.8.4 Log attached for Yessongs.

Attached Files:

6. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

Maybe I'm not looking close enough: I don't see a single mention of an error in that log file.
    But then again: it was a null-operation, no compression requested, just a 1:1 copy. You can do that with Windows Explorer.
    Did you attach the wrong log file?

7. TomTiddler

Quite possibly. Here's one done just now

Attached Files:

8. TomTiddler

....and 1.2.9.0 is the same

9. Fabian

Fabian Developer

There seems to be a problem with the AMD driver. We will have a look at this.

In the meantime you can disable AMD HW en/decoding to make it work right away.

10. TomTiddler

Thanks. I do have another machine with Intel graphics so I also have a "backup" solution that works well, it's just a whole lot less convenient than the one with AMD.